Monday, December 3, 2012

120312 I'm Trying a New Playground!

Although I have been stalking it for awhile, I finally decided to play at The Play Date Cafe! What an innovative concept - a new color scheme each week to inspire your crafting. This week's challenge, PDCC#159, was a Color Splash challenge! What's a 'Color Splash' challenge?
it's simply...
Black & White with a 'Splash'
 and this time, it's a splash of MAROON
 
Well, I was ready to bust into my special birthday gift
my Fireside Chat Sassy Kit made personally for me by my scrap-bestie, Lynnette!
 
 
I fussy cut the yummy Simple Stories paper that looks like vintage wallpaper - I adore the full blown roses.
 
 
I took one of the Farm House Paper Company flowers & used a 
deep maroon Creative Imaginations rhinestone for the center.
 
 
Glitz & Fiskars stamps, some Maya Road stickpins, my b/w photo with a little stitching a trim, 
and a title from the Pink Paislee "fetching" letter set & Bo Bunny Etcetera minis in the kit and voila!
 
  

5 comments:

  1. Oh this is gorgeous! I love the way you fussy cut the flowers from patterned paper, they look amazing! Thank you for joining us for this week's Play Date Cafe Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! That bottom "thankful" page is STUNNING! Love the black and white photo and the amazing flowers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a BEAUTIFUL entry for the 'splash' challenge over at The Play Date Cafe! We are so happy you jumped in to play and look forward to having you back with us each week : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those red roses are just luscious. Fabulous work! Thanks so much for hanging out with us at The Play Date Cafe this week, happiest of holidays to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. GORGEOUS! You are a master at the fussy cutting. I love the addition of the stamped images and the black and white photo. So glad your kit is working for you. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Would love to know you've been here! Feedback most welcome