Wednesday, October 1, 2014

100114 CKC October Kit Reveal

Long live the Queen!
 has been chosen CKC October Queen! This month she has
picked the kit for us to counterfeit, chosen all three of our
challenges & will be our Guest Designer for the month.
In addition, she won a $10 gift certificate to Big Picture Classes.
Congratulations!

Queen Laura chose this pretty kit from Hello Little Magpie.

I started out by analyzing the papers. Embellished woodgrain, plaid,
small floral, small pattern, medium floral, large floral, large polka dot, small
floral plus four coordinating cardstocks. I know I will be changing up the
color scheme but I want to stay true to the variety of patterns in the kit.

This was my start:
I rarely include cardstock but managed to come close with the colors (better in real life :)

Let's go see what's in the Magic Blue Box!


 I tossed in a few extra background papers on the left.

The inspiration kit had no alphas & as I like to choose them as I go I left them out as well.
I did include some yellow & brown acrylic alphas (no idea what they could spell but I will
give it a go!) as a nod to the transparent elements in the kit, along with some acrylic leaves.

I have a few forged elements as well that will appear in the tutorial post on the 4th.
The goodie packs are Maggie Holmes as were the stickers in the inspiration kit.
The one piece I did have was the sheet of Authentique mini-words.

Now hop on for more fab kits from the Queen's loyal subjects!



 Leave me some love!

10 comments:

  1. Oooh I love that JPEG at the top - ACE! And what a kit, so Autumnal and just lovely blue box contents :) I'm liking the brown doilies. Have fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. !What a beautiful kit!Love the blues and yellows and oranges, it feels very fallish

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love this kit so pretty and resembles fall so much

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love your autumn take on the inspiration kit. Scrap on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adore it! Very practical colours to use and some very pretty papers there. A great Kit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea to change your colours to autumn! Love the pattern mixture you have and oooooohhh - I want a blue box like yours!! What a great idea to put the CFK in!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving the yummy autumn colours in your kit. Lack of CKC activity on my part is due to new job. Very happy and supremely busy. Will pop around when I can.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your autumnal take on the inspiration. Each paper works so well the other.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I love the colours you have gone with! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I adore the direction you took the kit! You know how I love autumnal colours and your kit has that stamped all over it! Love it. Of course, I've seen some of the creations you've whipped up with these products and they are all delightful!

    ReplyDelete

Would love to know you've been here! Feedback most welcome