This got my thinking cap on, so I sat down with a
That cute little red tag was calling my name!
A quick rummage through my kit revealed the teacup chipboard accent.
I really wanted to use some of the frames in my kit,
so I developed this title block idea.
Using that grey stripe behind all of the elements was
supposed to make them cohesive but I'm not sure it worked.
Being the cart-before-the-horse scrapper that I am, I then started thinking about a photo!
Our trips overseas with Aunie were the obvious choice & I knew I had the perfect pic.
I added a little touch of that grey stripe again on the photo corners + some stitching,
and then a last-ditch but unsuccessful effort to pop the photo with the doily behind it.
When my page started to come together, I had a few more design issues (as usual.)
With the busy background I felt my eye wasn't going where I wanted it to.
I added the flags to the start of the title & the tiny red button to the start of the story.
I'm still not totally thrilled but I love so much about this page I don't care
if the visual triangle police or the balanced design patrol busts me, lol!
I couldn't resist giving her the giant lacy teacup :D
Check out your cereal box or your soup can label today,
or perhaps a postage stamp or sale advert in the mail.
Inspiration & creative sparks abound!
Be sure to post on the Linky so we can admire your handiwork.
|Thanks for stopping by!|