Saturday, July 1, 2017

070117 July CKC Kit Reveal






Can you believe it? The days are getting shorter, at least in my hemisphere!
This year is just barreling ahead at warp speed...

Excited to have joining us this month as our Guest Designer YouTube sensation, Megan Blethen, 
more affectionately known by her faithful followers as CraftyMeggy.  
Delighted to have you on the team, Megan!

Our inspiration kit this month is a bit of an oldie but a goodie.

Cocoa Daisy June 2016 "Walden Pond" kit
Amazingly I actually had a piece of the original kit - the Pink Fresh vellum alphas.  
Let's cut the suspense & open up the Magic Blue Box!




Pulled the papers first:




2010 Basic Gray Sweet Threads/A-line dress, Pink Paislee Citrus Bliss/Sour, 2009 Basic Gray Origins/Sugar Pea, 2011 Pebbles Hip Hip Hooray!/Yippee, Basic Gray star paper - no branding strip, 2015 Basic Gray South Pacific/Papua New Guinea, 2009 Anna Griffin paisley (my surprise element.)


 LEMON & LIME


I pulled a few round elements instead of buttons,


created my own stamp set & gathered some twine,


alphas, plus some ink as I'm planning to create some diecut-style embellishments.


Can't wait to see what direction you take with your custom kit!
Make sure you don't miss a stop on the hop.
And check back on the 4th for our forgery tutorials & links.
Guest Designer Megan Blethen - http://www.craftymeggy.com/


Remember that we now have a mini-kit option for our Master Forgers.
Stay tuned for that reveal on the 6th - you may find that a smaller kit suits you better!

 And make sure to share YOUR kit & projects with us on the Link-up Page, 
or on Instagram @counterfeitkitchallenge or #counterfeitkitchallenge.

I hope you enjoy the kit choice this month & challenges on the 12th & 18th!

8 comments:

  1. This is one cute retro feel kit. I'm waiting to see where the paisley paper turns up and those cute pineapples too.It all looks fun to work with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the two sides and the focus on the rounds (I may do that since I have no buttons)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute kit and love to see the blue box again :) Love the name too :)I was thinking of the Tim Holtz too for the word strips :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the dotted patterned paper you put into your kit. I am not sure where I am going to go with my kit yet for the month. Maybe I should start pulling. I can't wait to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty tropical-looking kit you've assembled! I really like that paisley print and the way you substituted other round items for the buttons. I'm very intrigued by the stamps too - looking forward to seeing what you make this month!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That BG pineapple paper is new for me - super duper! What a lovely kit and that florals you have included are so pretty. Lots of lovely goodies in there and the substitution is something I did in my mini kit too - great minds!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I think this is just an excellent take on the inspiration kit - fabulously curated!!

    ReplyDelete

Would love to know you've been here! Feedback most welcome