Friday, December 22, 2017

122217 Snow Day


Archi-scraps January challenge - tassels
Julene has outdone herself with the January challenge inspiration. I need to see this one in person!
I have really been enjoying playing around with the Stuck?! Sketches lately.

Stuck?! Sketches December 15, 2017
 I liked it turned once to the right with these snow day photos of the grands.


First I knew that I wanted a snowflake for my shape behind the photos, 
so I grabbed some "waste washi" & color shine. Love how it looked before I did anything!


 I added tinsel color shine & white paint splats.
Anyone notice my boo-boo? I left the washi roll on the paper when I sprayed!
I made a nice save on that, as you'll see later.


The color & shine is really gorgeous.
I stitched the snowflake with silver thread & added lots of little snowflakes & tiny beads.



I've added a few touches of trim & washi to highlight my photos.  The beautiful tassel was a handmade forgery gifted to me by another Counterfeit Kit Challenge DT member.
 



That washi oops circle provided a great place for my title!


Now try your hand before the December 29th midnight EST deadline & post at Stuck?! Sketches.
You have the entire month of January for the Archi challenge - woot!

Thanks for stopping by!





5 comments:

  1. This is so gorgeous, love your background work! And I agree that sculpture is a must see in person! Thanks for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Love Love all the mixed media and details on this page! Thanks for joining in our December fun at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your take on the sketch is absolutely lovely. Thanks for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of your best layouts Leslie. I adore everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous!! I love that you changed the tree to a snowflake!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Would love to know you've been here! Feedback most welcome