Monday, December 31, 2018

010119 January Archiscraps Challenge


January Archiscraps - black & white
Happy New Year!
2019?!? How did THAT happen so fast?

I just love, love, love black & white, especially stripes. I scored this fabulous New Year's paper "2019" from Simple Stories that is just perfect for this challenge.


The only problem is I won't have my photos in time for the Archiscraps Australia posting as I'm in the USA, so I'm going in a different direction for this challenge.

My inspiration on how to approach my layout was an IGTV post from Tracey Fox for her Scrappy Trend Watch 2018. This one is dubbed, "Brush Stroke Stripes" and can be seen at this link. Here are a few of Tracey's examples:

I had a lot of fun searching my stash for black & white items. Lots of patterned papers from Felicity Jane (one of their specialties), punches, fussy-cut Project Life card, rub ons, and skinny washi tape.

I used a textured cardstock for my background & simple black acrylic paint thinned a bit with water. This was uber-easy & quick! Looks so bold & arty and could be done in any color or even a rainbow.

My photo was taken after I rolled down my car window & snapped those perfect & lovely fresh snowflakes. I went in close for the print to reveal how each is truly unique.


photo close-up

top cluster close-up

bottom cluster close-up

I hope to see your take on this month's black-and-white challenge on the Archiscraps Linky!


Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to know you've been here! Feedback most welcome