Monday, November 4, 2019

110419 CKC Forgery on the Fourth






I had all sorts of ideas on how to forge most of the kit, until I took a troll through my stash & surprisingly discovered many quite good look-alikes to make up my kit. Here is what I hand crafted:


Some of the papers to forge.
The light bulb banner on blue sky could have been achieved so much easier than coloring in the paper with a Sharpie & then fussy-cutting those teeny tiny light bulbs! Just draw on the paper!


The other two forged papers were easily achieved by finding good look-alike papers & stamping the star motifs.


Some embellishments that inspired forging:

Loved the bold black stars (snowflakes?) that were easily achieved with a Sharpie. I wanted a scripty word so I stamped one. Those little houses are totally swoony! Another fussy-cut from this American Crafts paper plus a little coloring faked them nicely.


Easy-peasy! Thankful that my stash yielded up so many goodies, though.
Can't wait to see yours! 

Here's what we have coming up:
  • November 6th:  We'll reveal a couple of mini-kits and projects, in case you're a little limited for time this month and would prefer a more petite kit.
  • November 12th & 18th:  We'll give you two challenges to help you use the kit you've made.
  • November 24th:  We'll showcase one member of the CKC community from this month.
  • November 30th: We'll be offering another installment in our {Killing Kits} series to help you find ways to use up all of your kit.
We always love to see your work, so please share your kits and projects with us.
You can use our Monthly Link-up page, post them in our Facebook Community, or share them on Instagram (we are @counterfeitkitchallenge or tag us using #counterfeitkitchallenge and #ckcnovember2019).

6 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! I have a paper in my stash similar to the one you have with the houses on it and I hadn't even thought about cutting it apart for the houses! I am going to search it out and add it to my kit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right?!? It probably helped that I had run across it not too long ago, lol

      Delete
  2. Love the forgeries, awesome stamps to make them.
    Cindy F

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Every month I check out my Felicity Jane stamps - a great mix of sentiments & images - and usually find something that works.

      Delete
  3. I love those bold stars and really wanted some of my own - doh! So simple to just grab a Sharpie - wha didn't I think of that ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right?!? (see Lori above) I wish I had gone a simple route with the light banner, lol!

      Delete

Would love to know you've been here! Feedback most welcome