Sunday, October 4, 2020

100420 CKC Forgery on the Fourth

 

I chose two of the papers to forge, along with a page of pocket cards.


 The first is the star paper, CratePaper/Magical Forest "Always" b-side

which I actually forged in March 2020! Here's that LINK.

The second is the label paper, P13/Around the Table 02

Using a 2011 Jenni Bowlin Labels acrylic stamp set with an assortment of Tim Holtz Distress Inks to match my kit's color scheme (Pine Needles, Dusty Concord, Fired Brick, Spiced Marmalade & Forest Moss; Ranger/Nick Bantock Chrome Yellow.) I crafted my forgery. 

I actually stuck the entire label set still attached to the acetate in the packaging onto my stamping block! They were already lined up uniformly & it worked great. I inked each one carefully at the corner edges of the ink pads to get multiple colors with one quick stamp press. Re-inked the same colors, rotated halfway around & stamped the opposite corner - minimizing the time spent cleaning off between color changes.


 And, yes, you eagle-eyed peeps who noticed this:


Yep - I dropped the stamp & made a schmutz! Okay with me. It's likely to get covered or cut up.

Finally, I made some pocket cards using some random things I had tossed in for die cuts + some of the stickers from the 2014 BasicGrey/Second City sticker sheet applied to my kit papers. This is such an easy counterfeit once your kit is together! Just start matching things up & pasting them down.

Well I hope you've been inspired to try out a few things! Make sure we see your creations. You can use our Monthly Link-up page, post them in our Facebook Community, or share them on Instagram (we are @counterfeitkitchallenge or tag us using #counterfeitkitchallenge and #ckcoctober2020).

And be sure to return for our featured posts the rest of October:

  • October 6th: We will reveal the mini kits and projects in case you’re a little limited for time this month and would prefer a more petite kit.
  • October 12th and 18th: We will give you two challenges to help you use the kit you’ve made.
  • October 24th: We’ll be showcasing one of the CKC Community. Will it be you??
  • October 30th: Another Killing Kit Installment to help us finish off our kits!

 

Thanks for stopping by!
 



1 comment:

  1. Master Forger Leslie: Your October forgeries are fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete

Would love to know you've been here! Feedback most welcome