Sunday, July 18, 2021

071821 July CKC Challenge #2

 

Wabi-Sabi... the Art of Grace

 Master Forger of Ceremonies Lisa has thrown down another great CKC challenge for July:

Buenos Dias! Get creative with a foreign language!

Whatever your main/native language is at home, use a foreign word or expression on your page today!

Link it to a story about a holiday spent abroad or even a foreign word you just love because of how it sounds or the literal translation. 

 

I chose a phrase that has always intrigued me.

 


I am at that stage of life where my joints are getting knobby & my hands are showing their age. There is such a beauty in the patina of age, whether it's on our skin or the well-worn top of an antique table.

 

 

As I put my page together an ironic thing occured, considering my subject. I planned carefully to get the image positioned in the center of my patterned paper but this is what happened:

 


 Embrace & celebrate the imperfection! I actually think it's more graphic & dynamic this way. Then I ran out of the cross-hatch rub-ons so had to finish up with a zigzag. Heidi Swapp (or was it Vicki Boutin?) 6x8" papers gave me the artistic look I wanted without all the work.

I wrote the haiku about this current stage of life.
 

 



I can think of dozens of pages to make from this prompt, and some already made that would qualify. It is interesting to think about how many international phrases are in our everyday speech. Some of my favorites are Italian - marinara, rigatoni, canelloni... just teasing!

Looking forward to everyone's creations, and don't forget the rest of the CKC July calendar!
  • 24th July: Follower Showcase - who has caught our eye this month 
  • 31st July: Killing Kits - an idea or two for using up the bits & pieces left in your kit box 

You KNOW that we always love to see your work, so please share your kits and projects with us. You can post them in our Facebook Community, or share them on Instagram (we are @counterfeitkitchallenge or tag us using #counterfeitkitchallenge and #ckcjuly2021).


Thanks for stopping by!





  























3 comments:

  1. The picture of your hand was so powerful it moved me. I also love the concept of imperfection. May I copy your concept? I need to find a picture of my also arthritic hand somewhere. Let me know if it’s proper to use your concept. Thanks in advance 🙏🏼

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! You may use any of it you wish - thank you for the compliment.

      Delete

Would love to know you've been here! Feedback most welcome