Monday, October 4, 2021

100421 October CKC Forgery on the Fourth

Good October, fellow Forgers!

What great inspiration kits for counterfeiting this month at CKC.

Hip Kit Club May Main Kit

Hip Kit Club May Papers
Hip Kit Club May Pocket Life Kit

Hip Kit Club May Embellishment Kit

 I focused on the Amy Tangerine paper b-side & the Paige Evans banner embellishments.


The paper was an easy-peasy forgery using washi tape!


 The banners were made using a stamp set from Forever in Time + a Pink Paislee Horizon 6x8 pad. I  thought that the scale of a smaller paper pad would suit this better & it reminded me of the original kit.

I stamped the banners on the blue & pink solid papers and cut off the banner ends. I inked up the stamps again - just the ends - and stamped them onto patterned paper. 

The largest banner also had a third small element that was a "reveal" of the backside of the banner & I used a darker section of the pink paper for that. Some fussy-cutting & gluing was all that remained to give me a really great counterfeit!


 I've got an organizer of smaller alpha stamp sets beside me this month to play with & will add the pink sentiment as needed. Have any of you tried this nuvo glue? My goodness - it's wonderful! It NEVER clogs, tiny stream & in a cute blingie bottle.

I put together a Mixed Media kit which I forgot to show in my reveal:

Also a Space Add-On kit for a specific page I'll be making with the map paper - stay tuned!

 I know there will be more inspiration from some of the other Master Forgers, and I hope you will share YOUR counterfeits with all of us. Don't forget what's coming up next:

  • 6th October: Mini-kit Reveal and Project Showcase - inspiration for a smaller kit or project idea 
  • 12th & 18th October: Challenges #1 & #2 - to inspire you to get creating from your own kit 
  • 24th October: Follower Showcase - who has caught our eye this month 
  • 31st October: Killing Kits - an idea or two for using up the bits & pieces left in your kit box

 We always love to see your work, so please share your kits and projects with us. Post them in our Facebook Community, or share them on Instagram (we are @counterfeitkitchallenge or tag us using #counterfeitkitchallenge and #ckcoctober2021).

 

Thanks for stopping by!

 

2 comments:

Would love to know you've been here! Feedback most welcome