Monday, November 1, 2021

110121 CKC November Kit Reveal & Blog Hop

 

Emily - – Felicity Jane
Welcome to November, Emily!

 Who is Emily, you ask? Not our Guest Designer but let's greet her while we're on the subject. Master Forger of Ceremonies Lisa has invited a dear old CKC friend, former Master Forger Susanne!

"Hello scrappy friends . . . Susanne, here, joining in again with the Counterfeit Kit Challenge. How fun that Lisa asked me to participate this month, as she and I are early blog friends from back in the last decade + early CKC design team members together. Looking back at those posts, I see my style has changed quite a bit. Still, I love making kits from my sizeable stash, which hubby refers to as my personal scrapbook store. 

Some time during this crazy pandemic, I launched a new scrapbook blog adventure at Susanne Stamps and Scraps, along with starting my You-Tube channel. I hope you will check out both. Like the Counterfeit Kit Challenge, there are lots of ways to keep refreshing our interest in this fun, meaningful hobby. So, let’s get to it, shall we?"

Welcome home!

Now let's get to our CKC November inspiration kit! Master Forger of Ceremonies Lisa says:

I wanted something seasonal - I even considered going festive - and looked around for a kit club we haven't used for a while with warm, cosy autumnal kits to choose from. I was really happy to find exactly what I was looking for over at Felicity Jane. Their September 2021, Emily kit has the most gorgeous palette of colours and the kit seems to be full of the most lovely bits and pieces to form a wonderful selection of scrapbooking scrumptiousness. It shouts short days with blue skies and sunshine; the first really bitterly cold morning with heavy frost and mist on the fields; of setting down on the sofa with a new TV show to binge watch while wrapped up in a blanket; of the calm before the storm of December and Christmas!

If you are in a different part of the world and not heading into winter at this time, I hope that the soft shades of yellow, orange, pink and green will inspire you in a warm weather direction instead! I think there's plenty of inspiration to be found in the colours and elements of the kit.

Felicity Jane September 2021 - Emily (details pictured below at this link)

 I used the description at the link to pull my papers while ignoring the color scheme: floral/daisies, gingham/dot grid, grid/apple, ledger/chevron, eyelet lace/modern, honeycomb/leaves, 2 FJ solids



My full "MUM's the WORD" kit:


I also pulled more papers - no surprise - and other stuff...

 

Here's the full hop list so that you don't miss any of the inspiration:

 

November is a month full of inspiration. Don't miss a thing!

  • 2nd November: Just the Gist of It - to help you find an easy way into creating your kit 
  • 4th NovemberForgery on the Fourth - Master Forgers share simple ideas for creating kit elements 
  • 6th November: Mini-kit Reveal and Project Showcase - inspiration for a smaller kit or project idea 
  • 12th & 18th NovemberChallenges #1 & #2 - to inspire you to get creating from your own kit 
  • 24th November: Follower Showcase - who has caught our eye this month 
  • 30th November: Killing Kits - an idea or two for using up the bits & pieces left in your kit box 

You KNOW that we always love to see your work, so please share your kits and projects with us. You can post them in our Facebook Community, or share them on Instagram (we are @counterfeitkitchallenge or tag us using #counterfeitkitchallenge and #ckcnovember2021). 


Thanks for stopping by!


8 comments:

  1. Wowee! Your kit is lovely. It has a vintage feel(do I see gingham?) and also nature features. It will be fun to use.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am SO READY for a scrap jam session :D

      Delete
  2. Really, really pretty kit, Leslie. You had me at the mum paper, but all those extras are just gorgeous too. Well kitted you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I spanned from 2004-2021 & barely repeated manufacturers! I ran out of time to give it a proper write up. Am itching to let the paper & scissors fly, lol!

      Delete
  3. It’s beautiful! I know you’ll get lots of layouts finished with this kit! And you can play with your new Cricut!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, friend <3 Definitely a studio date with myself THIS WEEK!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful kit and I love that you let the patterns lead the way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great kit you've created! Inspired!

    ReplyDelete

Would love to know you've been here! Feedback most welcome