Monday, March 13, 2023

031323 Mix It Up Monday Hop


Welcome to Mix It Up Monday – a Social Media hop where we share projects that MIX IT UP! We’re mixing up a traditional scrapbook layout with some different types of media such as texture paste, foil, paint, ink, spray, gesso, thread, stitching, in fact, the SKY's the limit! 

 

This hop is a collaboration between Anna from Piece Craft Love and Kimberly from  @IdRatherBeScrapbooking  but anyone is welcome to play along. We post the inspiration 

sketch on the last Monday of the month and then the Hop takes place on the 2nd Monday of the month!

 

This month's sketch was designed by Brenda Ragsdale for Scrap Our Stash blog's Challenge #17 and is used with permission.


First time “chef” here with no “sous-vid-eo” experience ๐Ÿ˜

 I began by dropping my photos into the “recipe” sketch, 
after flipping it onto its side to accommodate landscape photos. 


Next I assembled my “ingredients.”


The plan was to add directional stenciled texture paste as noted on the pink sticky notes. I went looking for a certain patterned paper + a companion per the sketch. That’s when I chased a squirrel - namely the 2021 Wild Whisper Nicole White Designs “Ledger & Script” paper b-side below which became my background.


I know - it’s a total cheat - but my scrappy motto is, Let the patterned paper do the work. I added my own “secret sauce”- Shimmerz Seas The Day Vibes iridescent spray to tie in with the blue in the photos.

The stencil went by the wayside. I subbed in some Freckled Fawn puffy stickers for directional arrows. I also added a QR code linked to a brief part of our drive in Canyonlands National Park. Take a look!


 I also added some special “plating presentation” stitching and an assortment of new Ranger Dina Wakley washi tapes. The turquoise leather tie on the tag above is a nod to western colors & plays nicely with the washi color palette.



Tim Holtz sentiments add the finishing touch.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to know you've been here! Feedback most welcome