Friday, June 30, 2023

070123 Archiscraps July Challenge

Distressed! Inked up, torn paper, grunge.

Julene gave us another intriguing inspiration this month!

My mind really enjoys tackling the unique creative aspect of the Archiscraps challenges. The imagery may immediately put me in mind of a certain photo. I can be influenced by the color scheme or even the mood of the image. Occasionally a story will pop to mind.

This time nothing specific was bubbling to the surface. I decided to look through old photos for a change of pace. When I found these favorites I couldn't believe that I hadn't scrapped them! 

I knew I had some stone paper that would be perfect - I could tear it & ink it up to recreate the stone walls - but could I find it?!? NO This kind of redirect always results in more creative solutions, and I love the end result!


 I really had no idea that this would look so dramatic!

 This is a series of 3 photos with a dimensional piece made from cardboard sandwiched in. I found the perfect sky back ground paper that looks old & grungy. I fussy-cut the ruined wall on the left photo & just the sky portion of the view through the window photo on the right to reveal the background paper. 

I discovered this awesome packing cardboard I had saved when I was hunting for my inks - it was perfect to imitate those stone walls! I sliced some pieces off & took a hammer to them to reduce the bulk, then inked them up & arranged them.



The final choice was a new-to-me 2002 alpha stamp set (that I thought looked vaguely medieval) used on the sky background to give the history of the place. I am entranced with the antiquity of England...


Super-fun challenge this month! Hope you join in. 

Post over at the Facebook Archiscraps Community Group

Thanks for stopping by!


 

 


 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Leslie. That 3D cardboard was ideal for your stone wall and yes the stamps are looking medieval. Great layout!

    ReplyDelete

Would love to know you've been here! Feedback most welcome