Saturday, August 17, 2013

081713 Date Day Saturdays, This Week & Last

Today was a wonderful rerun of last weekend in Shipshewana, Indiana.
Last week we rolled into town pretty early...

 Bonus! Gun & Knife Show this weekend - lots of the locals here.

Lots of fabric stores with quilters in mind.
 Gents...

...and Ladies - hilarious!

 Dessert, anyone? Is this the craziest meringue pie you have ever seen?

Did they know I was coming?

Or this...love this whole chalkboard trend.

This reminds me of my special friend, Sherrie.

Inspired to add a water feature around the back deck next year!

And what did I bring home?

This week we returned to stock our freezer with beef & chicken,
and the pantry with some delicious canned goods from the heartland.

But first a stop at a Bird & Game Swap Meet, 
which turned out to be more swap meet than bird & game!
 Love this! but I already have a great breadbox...

Any takers?


Yikes!

This little one is sweet.

Caption?
Daddy told me to get my bum off his chair!

 We did get to see some wonderful birds.










She looks ready for Mardi Gras!



I'm afraid these chickens are headed for a nearby restaurant...

So what did I come home with, besides a trunk full of meat?



These make great homemade ice cream sandwiches.

Dessert for Sunday dinner - butterscotch pie...

And a few goodies for little ole me!
The dish towels are from Moda.
I'm thinking I will put them in poster frames.
And the blue shelves are for my happy scrappy place!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to know you've been here! Feedback most welcome