Thursday, November 14, 2013

111413 CKC Mystery Partner Swap Hop!

Over here at Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog they certainly keep the Design Team stretching! 
 One of the many nice things about this team is that not only do we get to know each other through our pages & projects 
but also through a weekly QOW (Question Of the Week) email. It really makes the Team a little community - lovely 
for those of us without the blessing of a real life scrapbook family for support & to bond with.

This month we had a brilliant little insider challenge courtesy of our own QOW captain, Lisa H.
We each filled out a questionnaire all about our scrapbook style. This was harder than you might think!
She then gave us each someone anonymously to make a COUNTERFEIT page using their style.
Smack-my-forehead brilliant! Forgers counterfeiting each other? Genius...

First we had to make a layout in our own style, according to our questionnaire answers.
 Who was this woman that answered mine? I hardly recognized her but plunged forward.
I decided to set a few ground rules for myself. I would use my kit for both, 
use the same photo & title, and would start with a sketch as per my partner's profile...

 
I used the ScrapHappy October sketch but rotated to the right & flipped 
for mine, and rotated once to the left for my mystery partner.

Mine: Single photo, colourful patterned paper background, feminine, diagonal elements, clean edges




Hers: Multi-photo, colourful cardstock background, masculine, elements in a visual triangle, clean & simple, distressed/inked edges




The final part of the challenge is to guess WHO your are counterfeiting & I am certain 
that I have been given JEMMA! I am not so certain however that she would have made this page. 

It is intriguing to realize that our own personality & style comes through no matter how we are directed.

Now hop on!

Counterfeit Kit Challenge:http://counterfeitkitchallenge.blogspot.com 
Lynnette:  http://sassyscrapper2010.blogspot.com/   GO HERE!!!

11 comments:

  1. Fab pages - I love how you've used the same photos on both layouts to show how different a page can look in someone else's style!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both the layouts are gorgeous.I think you might be right about Jemma.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, I think you got Jemma too. Two fabulous pages, well done

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree tooo.... I think its Gemma!
    Love your double banners!! Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Genius decision to use the same photos, products...in different ways. I adore both pages and can see the distinct characteristics in both. You NAILED it with Jemma! Awesomev job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love both layouts! Just love that first one and I got to go check out this sketch cause I love the way you did the double banners that I may have to lift that (hope you don't mind) for a Christmas layout. Outstanding job on both!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant idea to do the same pics in two styles - such a contrast. Love that double banner on your own page (and I don't even like banners)! Those certainly look like my answers - amazing how we can use the same criteria and end up with pages still stamped with our own personalities. Awesome scrapping!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your pages! Great detail work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous pages, LOVE the banner on your first layout!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The first layout is SO you. And then so is the second too! I mean it's not you, but it is! You know what I mean?? I love that you used some same products to produce two fabulous but oh so different pages! Thanks so much for entering the challenge with so much spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That has got to be the most adorable picture/title combo! Both layouts are adorable.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to know you've been here! Feedback most welcome