Thursday, July 12, 2018

071218 CKC July Challenge #1




We all have them - those tools and embellishments that get pushed to the side and are collecting dust. Pull out those forgotten tools and embellishments and put them to use - punches, brads, buttons, ribbon, rub-ons, dies or die cutting machines, etc. Show those forgotten items some love again!

I took Lori's challenge & broke out a couple of lonely punches. 
I used the flower punch for the firefly derrieres!

Another double challenge for me - Whimsical Musings #279, be inspired by catching something!


I ran across the photo in my current hunting, gathering, and sorting of all of my photos. 
It triggered a cascade of vivid childhood memories of visits to our cousin's farm. 
I was immediately transported to their cornfield, chasing fireflies in the twilight.  
Being suburban kids climbing in haylofts, riding on tractors & harvesting 
vegetables right out of the ground was high adventure!

I chose the Pink Fresh Studio's Dream On/Reverie constellation paper for my twilight sky. 
I had to do a stash dive for the 2003 dark green Free Letters paper by Wordsworth Stamps.
My forged PL card was bumped by the PinkFresh Life Noted perfect color puffy alphas.
 Simple but striking design, I think! The hardest part was finding a place for the journaling.




Lots more memories rising up as I go through my photos! Stay tuned...

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. awesome! Love the embellishments, espec the fireflies -brings back great childhood memories for me too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, Kate - I think we truly are sisters from different mothers <3

      Delete
  2. You know how much I love this layout! Thanks so much for connecting with WM! The background paper has my heart of course! I think I'Ve only experienced fireflies when I lived in the S of France - no photos but maybe I should try and remember some details

    ReplyDelete

Would love to know you've been here! Feedback most welcome