Thursday, January 31, 2019

020119 Archiscraps February Challenge


OMBRE, any color
I can't look at this image for very long without getting dizzy, lol!
Another vivid inspiration from Archiscraps!


 I'm committed to working this year on more pages of our 2015 Alaskan land/sea/air extravaganza. Looking through those photos I found this one that is the perfect example of ombre! This was the last day of our trip and we spent all day cruising towards Vancouver. I will pair the page with a number of other scenic pocket photo pages.


I print at home & the largest I can do is 8x10 so my thought was to collect whatever papers would go with the colors on the edge of the photo and paper piece it, expanding the photo to a 12x12" page. The most fun find was this perfect 2013 ombre paper from the (sadly) defunct Glitz Design for the background.


Ironically it's mostly covered up!

Just a side question: does anyone else have a terrible time with blues? I am always looking for blue paper - true blue. Most have a greenish tone as you can see from my layout.




An additional inspiration for me was the Whimsical Musings Challenge prompt #267 to use this Design Seed summery color scheme:



Now take your inspiration and run with it, and be sure to link it up at Archiscraps!


Thanks for stopping by!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to know you've been here! Feedback most welcome