Friday, February 1, 2019

020119 CKC February Kit Reveal


Counterfeit Kit Challenge
February Inspiration Kit Reveal 
February... the LOVE month
This month's Master of Ceremonies Forger Julene has chosen a sumptuously vintage naturalist kit for us to counterfeit. But first, let's meet our February Guest Designer Kim Ferguson!


I've been scrapbooking for over 12 years since I fell pregnant with my first baby and decided to indulge in this hobby.I was pretty sure it would suck me in and it did.All my supplies fit into one closet. I do have a sewing machine and I've started to try my hand at a tiny bit of mixed media.
I live in Canada with my husband and 2 boys,most of my layouts feature them.
I only make 12x12 layouts. I'm very excited to be part of the CKC this month. I love seeing old things in new ways and I love making these kits.
Welcome, Kim!
Now let's see what goodies we get to play with!

Kaisercraft Anthology collection
"Cherish the finer things in life with our Anthology collection. An eclectic collage of antique florals and sketched entomological drawings teamed with vintage ephemera and deep warm textures will add a touch of old world charm to your next project."

My original thought was a very literal but creative counterfeit.
As I explored the papers, this Entomology paper


reminded me of a sheet in my stash of pink butterflies.

And appropriately enough it is from Kaisercraft's Tigerlilly collection.

Aha moment! I'll build a Valentine's kit.
Here's what those papers looked like...


Then I got to browsing through my entire paper stash,
and pulled these:


THEN I pulled out a few more that went with the vibe but had COLOR.


And FINALLY I had forgotten to look through my green paper file... we won't even go there.
Let's see what's in the Magic Blue Box this month!


A closer look at my #girlgonewild February kit:

Papers (there are 55!!!)


Full kit:

There is actually MORE but I just can't make it fit on the table! AND I reserve the right to add whatever else I want.





Whew! The only saving grace with this mega-kit is that I am doing the LayOut A Day challenge for the whole month of February. Yes - a layout each & every day. Oh, how easy a kit makes that process! Join us for a fabulous month of creativity & inspiration at the link above.

Make sure not to miss any of the stops on our reveal blog hop to help show you a variety of ways to interpret the kit. Nothing is so satisfying as visiting all your pretties & rediscovering buried treasure, especially when it ends up on the page!


Need some help? Be sure to return for our Forgery on the Fourth tutorial post!

Please don't forget to show us what you put together by adding it to our Link-up page, post it in our Facebook Community or share it on Instagram (tag us using #counterfeitkitchallenge and #ckcfebruary2019).

Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

  1. 55 papers:) tell your getting ready for LOAD too, I got 46 papers in mykit :) lovely kit to play with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A pink twist on the kit! Inspired. You've certainly got plenty to work with there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful kit, love the bird and flower die cuts. I agree with Julene on the pink twist. Happy scrapping
    Cindy F

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, your kit was loaded up for LOAD. It is really beautiful - I love vintage plus pink! I will be cheering you on for 28 days of scrapping - enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mucho Mega!! This kit + LOAD + the "stay at home" weather you are having = A perfect scrapbooking trifecta!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I thought Tina was the mega kit winner but you've got her beat by at least 9 papers!!!??!!! I'll be busy reading all your expected posts if you're doing a LO per day!!!! You have some glorious paper-crafting creating ahead of you. Go girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, now that’s a mega kit! Love the pink twist and that first round of paper picks is a beautiful kit all by themselves!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wowza - looks like I missed a whole lot of goodness last month! I love the Valentine direction you took your kit and having worked backwards, I can see that you made a bunch of simply divine layouts!

    ReplyDelete

Would love to know you've been here! Feedback most welcome