Tuesday, February 4, 2020

020420 CKC February Forgery on the Fourth



The February Counterfeit Kit Challenge inspiration kit had one item that I found irresistible!
THE BEES!
Aren't these adorable? I'm thinking that along with some of the flowers in my kit I may make a headband for my granddaughter, or maybe a crown for me!

First off I thought those chubby little bodies looked just like a bead (or a button?) that I have (somewhere, lol) so I hunted & gathered.


The cute altered wings came in an ArtChix Studio order years ago. There's the wooden button, and I will use the skinny gold washi tape for the stripes, wire for the antennas & perhaps to attach some parts.

 I painted the button with black gesso.


And added this sweet little heart bead for a stinger!


The tricky bit was getting the antennas attached.


Look at those baby blue eyes!


Although there were none of these in the inspiration kit, I wanted to upgrade my navy chipboard alphas & so I added yellow foam on the back. I even "Frankensteined" the E! Juzt be careful to cut straight down along the sides of the letter & use a craft blade for the fiddly bits.


I had some ideas for counterfeiting the papers but found too many in my stash to need them.

I hope you enjoy creating an element or two for your own kit. It's half the fun of CKC!
Be sure to keep up with what we have planned for you for the rest of the month.



  • February 6th:  We'll reveal a couple of mini-kits and projects, in case you're a little limited for time this month and would prefer a more petite kit.
  • February 12th and 18th:  We'll give you two challenges to help you use the kit you've made.
  • February 24th:  I'll be showcasing one of the CKC community who's caught my eye this month
  • February 27th: We'll be offering another installment in our {Killing Kits} series to help you find ways to use up all of your kit.

  • Thanks for stopping by!

    3 comments:

    1. That is so cute! I was really hoping someone would counterfeit the bees!

      ReplyDelete
    2. What fun Your bee is so cute! That is such a great idea for the alphas.
      Cindy F

      ReplyDelete

    Would love to know you've been here! Feedback most welcome