Saturday, June 4, 2022

060422 CKC June Forgery on the Fourth

 

 
Just a reminder of our inspiration kit:
 
Link HERE

 First I really liked this Crate Paper #1 month card paper:

The Autumn Leaves alpha stamps were too large to do a vertical orientation. I stamped a second generation image with Archival black ink & then water colored each month a different color. I accidentally forgot to off-stamp September so I colored it grey to draw attention away from my mistake!

I did add a nice little feature. I used a tracing wheel to create perforations to make it easy to separate the months as needed! 


Next up is Crate Paper #4. It's shown in the inspiration with the tiny dot but I liked the strip & sentiment side better!  I'm not sure which is actually the a-side.


So I took the easy way out & scavenged my washi supply, plus added some stamped sentiments here & there from my stash of Felicity Jane stamp sets & a few tiny images.


A slight cheat of the Paige Evans Bungalow Lane #22 tag paper.


I pulled a good selection of tags & laid them out on a 12x12" base. Just pretend that I've fussy-cut these when you see them on a layout!

(You old faithful CKCers might have spied that tag with the sequins - a very old forgery!)
 
Slipped one last counterfeit in at the last minute - I loved that Crate Paper #3 with the geometric letters, so I pulled this Shimelle/Little by Little paper & stitched the letters G-O. I can see using a vertical strip of this on a travel layout this month.
 

 

So have a little fun & try your hand at counterfeiting. It can be simple or elaborate but it's always FUN. Be sure to share with us so we can add to our repertoire of forgery techniques!
 
 

Here is what the rest of the month looks like.

  • 6th June: Mini kit Reveal and Project Showcase - Inspiration for a smaller kit or project ideas.
  • 12th and 18th June: Challenge #1 and #2 to inspire you to get creating from your own kit.
  • 24th June: Followers Showcase - who has caught our eye this month
  • 30th June: Killing Kits - an idea or two focusing up the bits and pieces left in your own kit.

You know that we always love to see your work, so please share your kits and projects with us. You can post them in our Facebook Community or share them on Instagram (we are @counterfeitkitchallenge or tag us using #counterfeitkitchallenge and #ckcjune2022).



Thanks for stopping by!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to know you've been here! Feedback most welcome