Friday, July 1, 2022

070122 CKC July Kit Reveal & Blog Hop

 

246th birthday of America!
246th birthday of America!

Master Forger of Ceremonies Tina says about her choice for July's CKC inspiration kit:

As the summer months come into being so does vacations so I thought that this would be a great kit to inspire us to get out those vacation theme scrapbook items and those vacation pictures to be scrapped.
 

May 2022 ROUND TRIP 12 x 12 Add-On Kit from Citrus Twist

 Please welcome her Guest Designer is Clem Reid!


Hi I'm Clem, It is really exciting to be guest designer for July with the Counterfeit Kit Challenge community. I live in Shropshire UK with my husband and 6 year old daughter. I have been scrapbooking since 2003 when my American housemate introduced me and I've been obsessed with pretty papers and embellishments ever since. I love that it combines crafting and storytelling. I love how scrapbooking can bring people together who share this loved hobby. It also helps me to relax from my job as a Therapy radiographer.  
 
I am mainly a 12x12 scrapbooker but do some pocket pages. A great kit this month. I especially love the florals, doilies and pastel colours in this kit as well as the travel theme. It seems perfect as we reach summer and can start to take more trips this year. I have pulled out lots of travel embellishments I have collected over the years and papers that have similar colours and patterns.

I can be found mainly at Clem @smilinthrulife and my new website Home - Mindful, Create, Connect (clemency-reid.com) where I will be sharing my creations. 


As always I began with the papers. Theirs:
 


Mine:


Top: 2021 Cocoa Vanilla Sunkissed/Growing Wild, 2020 PinkFresh Let's Stay Home/Hope For A New Day-b side, 2020 PinkFresh Let's Stay Home/Kind Hearts, 2019 Echo Park Forward With Faith/Journaling Cards, cameras/prior forgery, 2019 Fancy Pants Just Plane Fun/Destinations.

Bottom: 2018 My Mind's Eye Well, Hello/Hola, Adornit Circle of Friends/Grandma-b side + stamping, 2020 Vicki Boutin Love This Life/Mixed Media, 2016 Shimelle Go Now Go/Arrival, stripe unknown, 2019 Cocoa Vanilla Unforgettable/Sprightly.

My full kit:


2020 PinkFresh Let's Stay Home Journaling Bits.

The transparency is from Creative Imaginations/Narratives - Journey.

Assorted Queen & Co Ice, Goosebumps, Jellies, Posies, Epoxies.

Art-C doilies, 2013 Jillibean Soup Wise Words, 2017 Crate Paper Here + There puffy stickers.

I have some real oldies but goodies in there! I collected a few more things while pulling my kit.

2022 49 and Market Spectrum Sherbet/Rainbow paper, 2019 PinkFresh Noteworthy/Just Be You paper, 2019 Loving Life small glitter Thickers, 2011 Regards Foam Thickers, 2003 7 Gypsies dictionary transparency, 2009 Tattered Angels Rockin' Renaissance crepe paper ribbon Mistables.

I'm hoping to mix in some of the black & white elements this month, as well as using some of those "ransom note" alpha mashup words. I think I'm loving this kit already!

Be sure to get a look at the entire hop & give us a look at your own version of this inspiration kit. We love to see how you interpret & curate it!


Here is the full blog hop:


Here is what the month of inspiration will look like.

  • 2nd July: Just the Gist of it - to help you find an easy way to create your kit 
  • 4th July: Forgery on the Fourth - Master Forgers share simple ideas for creating kit elements
  • 6th July: Mini kit Reveal and Project Showcase - Inspiration for a smaller kit or project ideas.
  • 12th and 18th July: Challenge #1 and #2 to inspire you to get creating from your own kit.
  • 24th July: Followers Showcase - who has caught our eye this month
  • 31st July: Killing Kits - an idea or two focusing up the bits and pieces left in your own kit.

You know that we always love to see your work, so please share your kits and projects with us. You can post them in our Facebook Community or share them on Instagram (we are @counterfeitkitchallenge or tag us using #counterfeitkitchallenge and #ckcjuly2022).


Thanks for stopping by!


9 comments:

  1. Oh what a lovely kit. I recognise the shimelle go now paper and wish I still had it. Good array of doileys too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I might send you some doilies as you couldn't find any :)

      Delete
  2. Lots of pretty stuff! Great doilies!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was from me...what on earth is the Anonymous stuff about???? LOL

      Delete
    2. (Were you wearing your Mrs. Incredible costume again?)

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous kit you pulled together and love that you added some Shimelle to it too :) Love those doilies

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love love your paper choices!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Misty! I was very pleased when I sorted it all out :)

      Delete

Would love to know you've been here! Feedback most welcome