Thursday, January 12, 2023

011223 CKC January Challenge #1 - Sketch It!

 

Master Forger of Ceremonies Lisa says:
 
When I first started scrapbooking, almost all my layouts were double spreads and I kind of miss them! So, let's start the new year with a fabulous Page Maps double sketch which was featured in Scrapbook and Cards Today in their Project 12 feature (January 2010). 
 
If you make a lot of spreads, this will be right up your alley and if you don't normally, this is a chance to stretch those creative muscles and give it a go! Double pages are a super way to include lots of photos and journalling with plenty of space for embellishments and all the fun stuff too! 

Sketches are such a fun way to create - copy it exactly, or totally tweak it and make it your own.
 
I knew right away that I would scrap my grandson's first season of football! So many photos to include - this sketch will help me winnow down my choices & do him justice documenting his amazing journey.


 I actually used my daughter's photo collages with a little rearranging and my "Star Defender" page kit.


I fussy-cut some of the cut-apart cards for embellishments.
 
 
I used some of the stamps I included in my kit to add some embellishments to a few photos.
 



My little man! He's not even 11 in these photos but it's happening too fast...
 
This two page sketch might help you scrap some of your holiday photos, or perhaps a short trip? It felt good to have that much real estate to work with! I hope you are inspired to give it a try!
 

And of course, as always, we have a full month of inspiration to keep you inspired!

  • 18th January: Challenges #1 & #2 - to inspire you to get creating from your own kit 
  • 24th January: Follower Showcase - who has caught our eye this month 
  • 31st January: Killing Kits - an idea or two for using up the bits & pieces left in your kit box 

You KNOW that we always love to see your work, so please share your kits and projects with us. You can post them in our Facebook Communityor share them on Instagram (we are @counterfeitkitchallenge or tag us using #counterfeitkitchallenge and #ckcjanuary2023).

Thanks for stopping by!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to know you've been here! Feedback most welcome