Wednesday, January 18, 2023

011823 CKC January Challenge #2 - Make It New Again!

 

Master Forger of Ceremonies Lisa says:

In our first challenge of the year, I went back to a design style that I used a lot when I first started scrapping - double page spreads - and encouraged you to give it a go.


On the same theme, this time around I'd like you to think back to when you first started scrapbooking (or at least, look back to sometime in the past) and find a technique that you used a lot which has got forgotten along the way as you have changed and developed your scrapbook style. 


So, bring that technique back into style and find a way to use it on a page today that is right up to date!

 

I took a look back over 20 years ago (!) to refresh my memory, to LayOutADay "LOAD" October 2010. It was my first scrapbooking challenge and I signed up at 11:30 pm the night before it started. I seem to have defaulted often to an "L" shaped arrangement on my pages. Here's a good sampling...

 

 
I'm using this general arrangement with my "Celebrating Us" page kit.
 
(I just realized - I forgot to use that chippy rose!)

Day 3 of the LOAD challenge was to pick a photo that tells a story without words = no journaling but a title is okay. I chose a recent photo of us. We just celebrated our 46th wedding anniversary!

 

  I love how this turned out! I pulled in a Vicki Boutin cheater paper for my background. Apparently I was much more of a minimalist scrapper back in the day! Don't you love to see how scrapping has changed over the years? What a blessing to have all of the things available today.


Be sure that you share your creation with us. If the idea of making a layout every day of the month for the LOAD challenge intrigues you, a new one is starting in February! Here's the LINK.

Remaining inspiration to keep you inspired in January:

  • 24th January: Follower Showcase - who has caught our eye this month 
  • 31st January: Killing Kits - an idea or two for using up the bits & pieces left in your kit box 

You KNOW that we always love to see your work, so please share your kits and projects with us. You can post them in our Facebook Communityor share them on Instagram (we are @counterfeitkitchallenge or tag us using #counterfeitkitchallenge and #ckcjanuary2023).

 

Thanks for stopping by!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to know you've been here! Feedback most welcome