Friday, January 25, 2013

012513 CKC Challenge Blog Hop!

 The first challenge over at CKC this month was to create a project using the following ONLY 
(not including cardstock/pictures/adhesive):
THREE patterned papers
THREE embellishments 
and only use a THREE word title! 
I do love a good challenge! 

This photo has been hanging around my desk just waiting for some inspiration.


That's my granddaughter, Chloe - with my daughter, Alex - seeing her first snow!
 I printed the sepia version to improve the look of the view outside the window.
I know I will need snowflakes...and cardstock is a freebie!


  Now to choose my background paper.
Good Day Sunshine/Jane paper  from We R Memory Keepers couldn't be more perfect!
Beautiful soft colors with snowflake-like bursts, so similar to that green punch I used.


I couldn't resist adding a little sparkle & shine


 Two companion papers, We R Memory Keepers Cotton Tails/In The Meadow for 
the blue snowflake inserts & Authentique Peaceful/Frost for the Peaceful fussy-cut.


 My embellishments were the teal ribbon shown above and the kraft medallion in the title. 

While looking for something shiny for the snowflake centers I discovered the silver dots in my stash just like the original kit. 
That will teach me to persevere a little more when counterfeiting!


 I really thought that the three word title would be the toughest part, but the picture told the story easily.
I needed to make the title draw attention so I used the kraft medallion for the "1st" portion.
I used this magical Martha Stewart silver tinsel glitter on the "1"...

  
...and this Krylon Silver pen to stencil the "st"...

  
Really love how this looks, especially the tinsel used with DIY Thickers.
The pen did bleed a little & left a lot of loose paint that made a mess, though.


I must say I think this challenge proved a real inspiration for my page.



If you are already working your way through the hop, go to Julie's blog next.
If you didn't start at the beginning, hop back to Jemma's blogpost!
You DON'T want to miss a thing :~D

Lucinda Messman
Shir Benovich
You are here: Leslie Smith 
Julie is NEXT: Julie Hearn
Kate Blue
Tricia Simmons
Lisa Johnston
Julie Jeavons
Rebecca Delo
Lisa Hausmann
  
And one last little benefit - the colors are perfect for the #69 challenge over at Whimsical Musings!
  

19 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous photograph. I love the use of your colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent work Lesley (especially the challenge combining *wink*) - love the use of sepia to highlight the snow - must try that TFS
    Love the page and especially adore the tinsel look to that #1. Gorgeous, stunning layout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful job! Your photo and layout are priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! love the work and process you posted here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! I love the colors and all the snowflakes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I knew I knew this layout! It's gorgeous of course, but you know that I thought that. that background paper is adorable and you know what? I think I have it. I need to write this name down and check through my papers but the name rings a bell now I see it written down. I don't usually get papers from WRMK which is why I think Í have it. Lovely layout Leslie! and of course, I love the combining of challenges!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. that lace border punch is actually my favorite MS punch...loving that you chose a green background to accent the awesome snowflakes (I need that punch too) instead of traditional winter colors- MAD LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  8. VERY pretty! I like the idea of changing the picture coloring to improve it, and it looks perfect with all those snowflakes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loooove the snowflakes and the glitter!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a gorgeous layout. The snowflakes are the perfect touch with that little bit of silver tinsel for the "1". So very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. such a lovely photo - I love how it changes the story you're telling when the subjects aren't looking into the camera. and your snowflakes are gorgeous, and the perfect embellishment!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's really pretty and I love how you put the title on the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sweet photo and a lovely page to compliment it too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like your step by step instructions.Page looks super.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautifully scrapped, and thank you so much for all the peeks into the process.

    ReplyDelete
  16. this is sooooooo gorgeous, fabulous punches and sparkles. Like the idea of printing the photo in sepia.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just adore that photo...the back of her head...just precious. I love the chunkiness of the tinsel glitter and that background paper looks like the frostiness of the window pane. A great job making this layout work double duty. That is a perfect fit.

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow, thats gorgeous! Love your snowflakes with the glitter... looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Would love to know you've been here! Feedback most welcome