Saturday, September 14, 2013

091413 CKC CHA Bonus Challenge for September

Make a kit based on the CHA Summer 2013 New releases!

 My choice? Glitz Design Hello, December - such a fun, graphic line.
 
I am intending to use this for my December Daily project this year. 
I am rarely this prepared so I am hoping it will make that project a real joy. Let's start with the papers...



The red Stripe was easy peasy - a little red Target washi tape, careful measuring, and some distressing with Sweet Cherry Color Shine & some homemade watered-down white paint mist. The green Moroccan print?  Jillibean Soup White Lattice diecut paper & some Adirondack Snow Cap paint made quick work of this one!

 The boldest forgery was the Floral paper. I would NEVER have attempted this without our amazing September Guest Designer Isbaha's terrific tutorial! I used her tips for the floral paper she counterfeited and I couldn't be more pleased.

How fun is the Trees paper? I simply adhered some of my Studio Calico wood veneer trees to a stamping block & painted the colors I wanted with Adirondack Snow Cap, Sunshine Yellow, Red Pepper & Lettuce Paint Dabbers.  The woodgrain B side of Floral? I simply stamped my All Night Media woodgrain stamp with Ranger Barn Door Distress Ink onto white cardstock, then went to the scanner & copied at 200% 


Next the Giant Rhinestones caught my eye. 


I knew I could make quick work of these with my Tim Holtz Ideology Facets & a deer head graphic 
from the Graphics Fairy, some gold vellum w/a snowflake sticker, and a Mambi Chip peppermint. 
A little Glossy Accents to glue them together & voila!

Counterfeit What Nots, Bits & Pieces & Accent Stickers


 
 I have to say my favorite is the chalkboard deer card. 
I simply used another Graphics Fairy image & changed it to a negative image 
with the transparency increased to imitate a chalkboard background!

The original kit had a patterned washi tape, but I decided to add a little MORE "Glitz" 
& used some coarse gold glitter with 1/2" Scor-Tape to make my own version & add a little bling.

My happy scrappy place is now permanently decked in chunky gold glitter! 
Just makes it happier :~)


 And here is my complete kit -  
S E A S N S    G R E E T I N G S 




I added 10 more papers, a 6x6 Studio Calico "Wonderland" pad and some washi.
I plan to keep tossing stuff in here until December first!

10 comments:

  1. OH, this is WONDERFUL and absolutely GORGEOUS ! Love the brightness of your flower paper (and I think I like it more than the original), and all these tips (washi tape diagonal paper, brilliant !), your whole kit is so beautiful and inspiring !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant job - but no more mentiong the "c" word - ssshhhh!!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooh!!!! That's every bit as good as the manufactures kit if not better! Just love your creative process of each piece...this is extraordinary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. BRAVO! BRAVO! There isn't anything you can't counterfeit, GF! What a fabulously wonderful kit..perfect for an easy peasy December Daily. So much to love...I don't even know where to start. The glittered antlers, the chunky glittered washi, the chalkboard reindeer, but my personal FAVE...the VW with the Christmas tree on top. Bring on CHRISTmas, BABY! Woooowwwwaaa!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just fabulous!!! I LOVE the glitter Washi and LOVE that chalboard deer card. Just splendid!

    Blessings ~~ dawn

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am knocked out! Amazing!,! This s such a brilliant counterfeit. I'm in awe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning! Your techniques are fabulous.Love the deers and the woodgrain best I think,but the whole lot is a great counterfeit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. AMAZING!!!! All of your forgeries are fantastic! I was immediately drawn in with the washi tape because I have 3 different solids that I never use. But then it just got better and better from there!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really beautiful counterfeiting - love the floral paper esp and the embellishments are very inventive - love!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You just saved me some money! I love what you did with this counterfeit-this was the line I thought of, too! Now I think I can make it myself, thanks again for the ideas!

    ReplyDelete

Would love to know you've been here! Feedback most welcome