Monday, September 16, 2013

091613 CKC September Challenge #3 Use a Game Element

I adore collecting vintage games & game boards.


 It's something about the colors & graphics that appeal to me,
those bright reds, yellows, blues & greens.

So you can see how I found this Jenni Bowlin mini-cigar box irresistible.

 
But it's even cuter this way...
 
 
...holding a mini-book!
I used vintage parcheesi pieces for the "turned" legs.
I made the cover of the mini from a sturdy manila file folder,
and made a first try at an accordion binding to hold the pages.


I couldn't find the scoring tool for my cutter, so I just used this.
I scored every 1/2" in one direction, then flipped the cardstock
over & scored in between on the other side every 1/2".


I mounted the pleated page base in the spine.


Then I scavenged my September CKC Kit "You Go, Girl!" for page material.


Here's the finished product!


I used a plain button behind the wooden token to give the twine a place to wind itself around, like so:


And here are the pages!
I really enjoyed the challenge of using some transparencies, which included
strategic decisions for what would be visible when the page was turned.











I think I will add "The beginning, not the end" to the back cover!
I will add the dates as we accomplish our travel dreams.
There are some pockets in some of the pages to drop in ephemera,
and there is room in the box for a short stack of photos to be stored with the book.

Just waiting on those passports...

8 comments:

  1. What an adventure...just navigating through this book! This is just BEYOND creative. Those parcheesi legs are adorbs and the book is fantastic. Love the use of the transparencies and seeing your plans for the future. It's not the end...it's just the beginning. LOVE IT!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just wonderful!!! GREAT job!! I love those "legs" =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful mini album, love the box and how you closed the album : brilliant !

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous, great idea - enjoy those travels :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's really cool. Enjoy getting the photos to go in it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute, adorable, wonderful. You know I love anything travel so this was sure to wow. Alaskan cruise! Canada by train? You're living my dreams!

    ReplyDelete

Would love to know you've been here! Feedback most welcome