Wednesday, May 6, 2015

050615 CKC May Challenge #1

Continuing our throwback angle this month,
WELCOME BACK to this challenge:

1/18/11 Roll the Die Challenge - link here

Using Bethany's clever homemade scrapping dice, she came up with this:
Make a card, inspired by fashion, with bling!

Now, I rarely make cards. 
I don't mind it but have very few occasions to send them.
I lead a very sheltered life, in real life!
I also really enjoy card shopping...he he :-)

I do happen to have a slew of blank cards on hand, though, 
picked up on a hugely discounted Black Friday sale many years ago at Joanns...
So with my kit, a card is an easy-peasy project!

I've decided to use the buttons in the Magpie Box for my fashion & bling.


That leaves most of the design work wide open...

Since I have buttons, I think I need buttonholes!
The green paper has that perfect border that reminds me of a bound edge.


 I layered that edge over another cut of the paper so that it is a three dimensional flap.
Then I sewed the buttonholes. This piece will be mounted to the card blank.
That will keep the wrong side of the stitching hidden.

Then I stitched the sentiment to the inside.
The back side of this stitching will also be hidden.
I also dressed the inside of the envelope & flap with a scrap!


Because I am not mailing this but including it in a little package,
I added a sweet sentiment to the envelope as well.


Cards are a great way to use up some of the little bits in your stash.

Thanks for stopping by!


4 comments:

  1. I don't think I've ever seen anyone put buttonholes on a card before - how clever! Great color combination and that cameo center is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also in awe of the buttonholes! How original and how perfect for creating a stitched inspired card with those gorgeous buttons. the extra detail you added with the card inner and the envelope decoration make this a perfect card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been a long while since I've tried buttonholes on my machine. As I recall, it may have caused tears! They are such an interesting touch to this card. If you are needing a place to send it...(wink, wink)! LOL! Just sayin'!

    ReplyDelete

Would love to know you've been here! Feedback most welcome