Sunday, August 12, 2018

081218 Myrtle Beach 2018 Vacation Mini-Book


I've been working on recording our memories from the 2018 annual birthday trip to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, to celebrate the peaches birthdays. The twist this year is that we camped out in the trailer! I'll start out showing you how I made the book & then the pages (photo heavy post.)


I found this perfect 2017 BoBunny/Life in Color "Discovery" paper for the cover at the local Scrapbooks by the Sea shop. I chose a 6x9" format intending to make a simple folder-style book stitched together in the middle. When I counted up the number of pages I needed I decided to make three individual signatures (groups of pages) instead so I needed room for a spine.


That meant I needed a little added width so I used a doubled over edge for stability out of Maggie Holmes/Gather "Beautiful" paper. The rear cover continues the image from the front.


I dressed up the spine with a spangling of sequins in the stitching.


So! Let's get to the inside story...

 


































I love how the large format photos look!
I have a few more vacation books to work on while I'm inspired.

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. I love every single thing about this, Leslie! The variety of photo sizes, the ephemera, the little bits and pieces, the different sized-pages and that sparkly sequined spine - it's all wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very inspiring.What a wonderful album to flip through.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing. I want my books to look like this but they don't! I need to learn...

    ReplyDelete

Would love to know you've been here! Feedback most welcome