Monday, January 4, 2021

010421 CKC January Forgery on the Fourth

 


 Our January inspiration kit:

Not Just For Boys Flurries Deluxe Theme Kit

I decided to forge the Carta Bella- Let it Snow "Swirling Snowflakes" paper

and the “Hot Cocoa Mug” cardstock cut designed by Jillibean Soup.

I used Ranger Archival black ink to stamp snowflake images from 2008 Inkadinkado "Winter Trails" and "Cool Christmas" stamp sets, plus a lone snowflake from Making Memories 2010 Noel stamp set to fill in where needed. The background paper is the Paper Studio's 2008 Wood Fence. Easy-peasy, and I sure got in a lot of OLD stash-busting, lol!

 The die cut mug was modeled after one of my favorite holiday mugs.


I turned the photo black & white and printed it in Draft mode set to very light saturation to save ink. I ditched the reindeer (that was too fussy to cut, even for me!) and add some striped bands and some steamy heat rising from the cup. A wood veneer snowflake ups the cuteness factor to finish it off.

I hope we inspire you to make some of your favorites from each month's kit! I can't believe I used 2008 elements to produce forgeries from 2020 products! Go for it and show us at the links below.

There's plenty to keep you inspired this month so don't forget to come back here regularly for ideas and challenges. The month is going to look like this:
  • 6th JanuaryMini-kit reveal and project showcase - if you need some inspiration for a smaller kit or individual project idea
  • 12th & 18th January: Challenges #1 & #2 - to inspire you get creating from your own kit
  • 24th January: Follower Showcase - who has caught our eye this month
  • 30th January: Killing Kits - I'll share an idea or two for using up the bits and pieces that might be left in your kit box at the end of the month

We always love to see your work, so please share your kits and projects with us. You can post them in our Facebook Community, or share them on Instagram (we are @counterfeitkitchallenge or tag us using #counterfeitkitchallenge and #ckcjanuary2021).
 
 
Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to know you've been here! Feedback most welcome