Tuesday, January 12, 2021

011221 CKC January Challenge #1

 CKC Master Forger Lisa has the perfect challenge to start off the new year of 2021!

Inspired by this pocket card's list of seasonal attributes, she has challenged us to "List It!"

 I happened to be noodling a page using this A Cherry on Top weekly sketch challenge:


ACOT Becky Fleck Sketch#205

My kit provided the perfect products!





Obviously, I substituted snowflakes punched from white glitter paper for the cacti, plus I broke up the line of photos into 3 separate units across the page. I got to use my kit coffee mug counterfeit hand-cut file (yay!) plus a few elements fussy-cut from the Simple Stories/Winter Wonderland pocket cards. 

My title sentiment was also cut from a pocket card, and my 2021 - the adventure begins list was made from Tim Holtz Idea-ology phrase stickers. The stamps that I tossed into my kit proved useful to create the scalloped border element, the tag & the title circle. And how PERFECT are the 2018 PinkFresh Studio wooden buttons to tie in with the wood veneer snowflake on my mug?

Final note: the white backing to the mug element is one of the Target 2016 Hand Made Modern Sweet Motifs self-adhesive stencils - another may make an appearance used for its original purpose on another page out of this kit! I'm determined this year to wholeheartedly try to kill my kits.

I can't WAIT to see what you create for this challenge. Put that kit to use and List It!

There's plenty to keep you inspired this month so don't forget to come back here regularly for ideas and challenges. The month is going to look like this:

 

·         2nd January: Just the Gist of It - to help you find an easy way into creating your kit

·       18th January: Challenges #1 & #2 - to inspire you to get creating from your own kit

·         24th January: Follower Showcase - who has caught our eye this month

·         30th January: Killing Kits - An idea or two for using up the bits & pieces left in your kit box 

 We always love to see your work, so please share your kits and projects with us. You can post them in our Facebook Community, or share them on Instagram (we are @counterfeitkitchallenge or tag us using #counterfeitkitchallenge and #ckcjanuary2021).

 

Thanks for stopping by!


1 comment:

Would love to know you've been here! Feedback most welcome