Thursday, August 8, 2013

080813 CKC August Forgery Tutorials


 There were a lot of interesting elements in this month's inspiration kit  
"The Confidence Kit" from Scrapping From the Inside Out.

First up is the Simple Stories 24/7 Snapshots polaroid accent.
 I thought these were super-cute & had just the thing to start me off.




I chose an assortment of 6x6 papers in keeping with my kit.
Then I used this great little Heidi Swapp kit for making them!
It was intended that you put a photo in the frame but I
wanted a counterfeit of those cute accents. Even without the
kit, it would be simple to cut out the polaroid frame shape.


I loved this Simple Stories 24/7 Sn@p Page but wanted a lighter look.


I gathered up an alpha stencil, cutting mat & blade, black 
& patterned paper, and a scallop border punch.


I did like the edginess of the black, so I mounted my cutout 
on a black scalloped edge background to help highlight the lettering.


I had pulled a large assortment of stamps...


  ...to make up a stamp set,


 and decided to use some to make up conversation bubble accents!

Super easy-peasy!

My big forge this time was the Simple Stories 24/7 Everyday paper


Totally successful, especially when you like yours better than the original :~D




6 comments:

  1. Some great ideas to forge here, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your version of the Polaroid type cards :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love your tutorials! So inspirational!! I feel that most of my stash is out of date, and I have been buying little bits to try and bring it up to date, but with these tutorials I can make bang-up-to-date stuff! Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you need to come round and get me moving on making my own kit elements! I'm always amazed at how great your stuff is and how creative you are in thinking outside your own stash!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your polaroid accents, and I agree : your forged paper is better than the original !

    ReplyDelete

Would love to know you've been here! Feedback most welcome