Tuesday, October 8, 2013

100813 CKC Counterfeit Tutorials

Lots of yummy product this month, as usual, in the inspiration kit from Cocoa Daisy!
Let's start with some paper...




My Mind's Eye Sky's the Limits "Balloon Parade"

My version:
Super easy! I'll bet you have a balloon stamp somewhere in your stash!

 Echo Park Beautiful Life "Quatrefoil"

I cut out the shapes from this vintage Basic Gray paper & backed it with other patterned papers.


Cocoa Daisy's own Little Triangles background stamp

I used the pink patterned paper to guide my cut-outs. Now I have the perfect little triangles mask!

Counterfeit Basic Gray Capture die cut pack filmstrip
This is a recent purchase & I am hoping to use it with patterned paper - excited!

Counterfeit Fancy Pants cork hearts & stars
I actually have some thin cork veneer sheets but they don't fit into the punches very well, so I simply used cork paper! Add a pop dot & we have instant dimension :~)

The Art Project kit included some Maya Road kraft circle embellishments, top left.

Punch, stamp (I cut out the circle from this stamp), and done.
The Color Box white ink is so nice & juicy - great for good coverage.
This month is my birthday (10-30) & I'll be 56!

More Cocoa Daisy custom stamps.
I have a favorite coffee mug that I keep on my scrap desk because it makes PERFECT stain circles!

None of my forgeries this month was particularly innovative, but it just goes to show you that you don't have to reinvent the wheel to be able to put together elements that are trendy & new!

6 comments:

  1. Wow!!! You've been a busy beaver. I like all your ideas and intend to "borrow" a few.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some fantastic counterfeits! Great tutorials, TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are full of innovative ideas. If you get any more innovative, you will be treading on trend setting.Film strip out of patterned paper, now that's a new idea I can't wait to see. Love that pile of BG papers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many wonderful ideas. I never would have thought to cut the pattern out for the quatrefoil paper, or for the triangle paper either. That filmstrip border is yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you have a specific coffee mug for your coffee stain rings! Thanks so much for contributing to this month's tutorials post.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to know you've been here! Feedback most welcome