Saturday, August 31, 2019

090119 Archi-scraps September Challenge


Use a horse somewhere
Earlier this year we took a trip & wandered a bit around the southwest US.

Lately I've been using the Archi-scraps challenges to take me off the page. This time I was inspired by an October Afternoon embellishment sticker sheet from the 2011 Sarsaparilla collection - in particular the stagecoach element - to use a Western theme on a Traveler's Notebook.


I thought it would make the perfect cover image. That led me to remember a wonderful canvas money bag with a horse on the front. Perfect for my cover!


I grabbed a beat up piece of leather to use for the spine & some lovely turquoise colored rawhide lacing & a silver concho for the closure. I sewed the ends of the bag to the inside to create pockets for my notebook to slip into. I then sewed around the edge of the layers of canvas to secure them & left the cut edge raw.


My title page, "Go West Young Man", is made from more of the OA Sarsaparilla elements.

To see the completed book link HERE.
As always, Archi-scraps never fails to take my inspiration to new territory!

Be sure to share your creations with us.


Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to know you've been here! Feedback most welcome