(Don't you love when you get the perfect prompt & the perfect product/photo at the same time?)
Hey friends, Master Forger Kate here again with another challenge. This time it's a photo challenge! For Challenge #2, I want you to use 2 or more Black and White photos on your layout, I feel that they make such a HUGE visual impact. And while some people may find it hard to scrap b/w photos, here's some tips:
1. Don't use too many embellishments otherwise you'll drown out the photos. Keep it simple.
2. Make your papers and embellishments accent the photo. Pretend you can see the colors in the pictures and then use those colors.
3. Clusters are your friend! Keep some white space!
4. When I'm photographing events or things, I purposely change my camera settings and take a few b/w shots so I don't have to convert them.
How beautiful is this photo?
My high school bff & her husband just celebrated an anniversary. She has become his caregiver/wife for some time. It is a willing ministry & sacrifice for her beloved. It is of necessity a constant outpouring of herself. She is an amazing woman who leans on Jesus for the needed strength & stamina. I wanted to honor her with this page.
|Tucked behind the little tag are screenshots of a recent text conversation we had.
I took Kate's advice & was careful to not add a lot of embellishments that would distract from the photos. I chose the hearts paper (b-side of the Bella Blvd Happy Thoughts polka dot paper) & Love You tag to support the story, and even added stamped hearts to the title letters.
The tiny photo was taken in 2007 & as the sentiment so aptly says, it was truly once upon a time. The Bible says in I Corinthians 13:
4 - Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,
5 - Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;
6 - Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;
7 - Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.
I'm looking forward to seeing what you captured in black & white! Be sure to post as shown below & be mindful of the last two postings on the blog for the month of June:
- 24th June: Followers Showcase - who has caught our eye this month
- 30th June: Killing Kits - an idea or two focusing up the bits and pieces left in your own kit.
You know that we always love to see your work, so please share your kits and projects with us. You can post them in our Facebook Community or share them on Instagram (we are @counterfeitkitchallenge or tag us using #counterfeitkitchallenge and #ckcjune2022).
|Thanks for stopping by!