Monday, June 12, 2023

061223 CKC June Challenge #1 - Layer It Up!

 


Master Forger of Ceremonies Tara says,  Welcome my friends!  Today I am going to be giving you the very first challenge of the month to help you use that beautiful kit that you curated this month!

Layer It Up!

 Today, your challenge is to use your kit to create 5 layers of something on your layout.  Create a five layer embellishment cluster or create a five layer photo mat! 

I am combining our CKC challenge with Mix It Up Monday (MIUM) a monthly challenge which pairs mixed media & a sketch on a traditional scrapbook layout. The sketch is posted on the last Monday of the month and the Hop takes place on the 2nd Monday of the following month. Join us on Piece Craft Love Playhouse on Facebook.

 Here’s the June sketch created by Christine Steele Harden.

 I just returned from a brief vacation to Savannah, Georgia & knew I would be scrapping the iconic fountain photo. I am using my self-curated Counterfeit Kit Challenge June kit plus my mixed media choices. This sketch offered the perfect opportunity to use at least 5 layers!

My go-to supply is patterned paper & the MIUM challenge works at prying me out of my standard approach into new & risky territory. Let's face it - mixed media often has a will of its own! My first attempt was a comedy of errors that included dreadfully fatal stamping problems. 

Plan B:



My version of the sketch pulled the circular elements to the corners with paint through a stencil plus (faux rub-on) stitching. I kept the tag title but let the patterned paper provide the vertical element behind the photo. I really had planned a much more bold mixed media blitz but alas... it was fun trying, though!

Now it's your turn to take on Tara's challenge!

Let's see what we have for the rest of the month for you:

  • 18th June - Challenge #2
  • 24th June - Follower Showcase
  • 27th June - Tara's Birthday Challenge
  • 30th June - Killing the Kit 
We always love to see your work, so please share your kits and projects with us. You can post them in our Facebook Community, or share them on Instagram (we are @counterfeitkitchallenge or tag us using #counterfeitkitchallenge and #ckcjune2023).
 
 
Thanks for stopping by!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to know you've been here! Feedback most welcome