Friday, January 12, 2018

011218 CKC January Challenge #1

It's great to be inspired by the Counterfeit Kit  challenges to use your kit!
I mean, what is the point in gathering up all of that scrappy goodness if not to use it up? 

Here is my January "Fresh Start" kit.


Challenge #1 - New Beginnings:  "January is typical for resolutions, goal setting, restarting, moving in new directions and therefore I'd like you to be inspired by new beginnings for your project."

I had a look through my recent photos & also pondered what might be new in 2018. 
I had used the Waterlogue  app on my phone to alter this photo of our house.
The story of this new beginning had not been told yet & my kit was perfect for it!



I had a number of horizontal patterned papers & unsuccessfully tried using them for a title piece.
Yikes! Where on earth could I add the journaling?!? I hate it when this happens...


Do over! I salvaged & reconfigured a few strips for the title and went in a new direction... 


First I put the story down on paper, which helped me begin to envision 
using some of the whimsical elements of the papers to my advantage.
Bonus stash buster? I used a 2009 Basic Grey add-in paper for my background!



Always glad to pull things together & creatively tell my story.
Isn't it cute? :-)

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. It's definitely cute! I like seeing your first try and hearing how you worked around it to arrive at your final (and lovely) design. And of course I love all that journaling too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It certainly is cute and I agree with Susan that it's great to see how the page progressed from that beautiful photo through to the finished page - which is really lovely! thanks for showing us your process :-) The watercolour photo is great too - must try that!

    ReplyDelete

Would love to know you've been here! Feedback most welcome