Tuesday, April 30, 2019

050119 Archiscraps May Challenge


Archi-scraps May Challenge

Yellow, black & white plus a clock!
And so I begin... with this Tim Holtz Idea-ology Assemblage Clock!


Then I hunt up a particular black & white photo of my mommy & I,
since Mother's Day is celebrated in May here in the U. S.

Spring 1959
 I've just completed a major renovation of my studio space due to getting new flooring. Now I hunt & gather what I will need for this project, many of which are Prima/Finnabair products. In the heat of the creative flow I neglected to photograph each step, but they are simple enough to describe.


I began by removing the glass on the clock & coating the entire piece with black gesso. I worked on the background inside of the clock first by adding LuminArte Primary Elements artist pigments & chunky gold glitter, sealing it with final fixative spray. I glued lace to the sides & added a flowering branch to mimic the photo & add a touch of true yellow. I bent the petals of a Prima dimensional metal flower to hold my photo, securing it with raised foam adhesive dots.


 I then used matte medium to glue polka dot crepe paper around the outside of the clock. I added lots of gold accents with metallic paint, a jaunty little plaid bow & charm, and decorated the metal butterfly with Prima/Finnabair Opal Magic paints.




The final product meets the criteria - a yellow/(gold), black & white colour scheme plus a clock!


I may continue to challenge myself to try other dimensional projects each month
using the a-ma-zing creative Archi-scraps inspirations!

Won't you join in? Make sure to add your projects to the Linky at Archi-scraps.


Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to know you've been here! Feedback most welcome