Saturday, April 18, 2020

041820 CKC April Challenge #2



This is a journalling challenge. Use the sentiments from the stamp sets included in the inspiration kits as a starting point for your story. I've attached the stamp sets, so you don't need to head off and find them! - Master Forger Clair

I have had many days of late where it has been difficult to find my creative mojo. It's not for lack of projects to do & stories to tell but my heart has been elsewhere. I've had a tidy up in the studio & that revived my enthusiasm a bit.

The phrase that jumped out at me was "so this happened" (for obvious reasons.)  I had included a lot of phrases in my kit geared toward documenting this epic time in history that we are all experiencing. This b-side of the 2018 PinkFresh Studios/Indigo Hills 2 "Valley" navy paper seemed perfect for the subject, with its grungy vibe with splatters & splashes of black.



I stamped some of the new vocabulary of the times onto the background.

Fussy-cutting that teeny weeny globe with a virus? Totally worth it!


Stamping brings a whole new avenue of creative expression

The grands live only 5 miles away but a quick drive-by at a safe distance is as good as it gets these days...

Don't forget to get back to the CKC blog for:
  • April 24th: Clair will be showcasing one of the community who's caught her eye this month 
  • April 30th: We'll be offering another installment in our Killing Kits Series to help you find ways to use up all of your kit. 
We always love to see your work, so please share your kits and projects with us. You can use our Monthly Link-up page, post them in our Facebook Community, or share them on Instagram (we are @counterfeitkitchallenge or tag us using #counterfeitkitchallenge and #ckcapril2020). 

Hope this post finds you & yours well & safe. This, too, shall pass.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I love this. Think i'm going to pull out my font stamps and have a play. Awesome layout.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to know you've been here! Feedback most welcome