Sunday, November 1, 2020

11012020 CKC November Kit Reveal

 

Found HERE on Pinterest

 Here's our Counterfeit Kit Challenge inspiration kit, courtesy of Master Forger of Ceremonies Lisa!

 As most of you know, November is my favourite month of the year and I love doing the CKC kit at this time - and this year is no exception. I had a bit of a look around but as always the Hip Kit Club's autumn kit just got me and therefore, even though we just had the HKC a couple of months ago, I want to have it again this month as our inspiration! It's got a bit of everything - cosy days, leaves, flowers, autumn colours, homely feeling, cute embellies, and a handful of items that might be good for forging! I hope you love it too! I'll be showcasing the main kit but there is a pocket page and embelli kit, too, as well as some other mini-kits over there on the site. I like the fact that it's full of "real" product - not exclusives!

Hip Kit Club November Main Kit
 

This proved easy-peasy for me as I had already hunted & gathered all things Autumn in preparation for a #thankful30 project I'm joining in this year!  It all started with this amazing kit from Feed Your Craft. I added the Simple Stories Bits & Pieces to my CKC kit. My counterfeit kit will act like an add-one to my #thankful30 kit!

FYC My Thankful 30 2020 kit
 
Before I show you what I've put together, though, let's meet our November Guest Designer Sarah Rice. Lisa says, "When she was showcased by MF Tina a couple of months ago, I just knew that I had to get her on board and was thrilled when she said she would fit it into her busy schedule for us."
 

Hello! I’m Sarah and I’m super excited to be the guest designer for November. I’m mostly an 8.5x11 scrapper with a few cards and 12x12s tossed in. Scrapbooking is my happy place. I feel better when I allow myself time to get messy. I work full time as a food and beverage manager for an entertainment venue. My husband and I have been together for 18 years (married 14). We live in Ohio with our 2 rambunctious daughters who are 11 and 5. We love to play games and take adventures and try new things as a family. We are always looking for places to explore both large and small.

You can find Sarah over on Instagram here: https://www.instagram.com/sassybagladysarahscraps/.

 
 
So how do I pare down my bulging Iris box of Autumn goodies to a manageable kit? By using the CKC inspiration kit, of course! I'm guessing that I will add some things to my box in the quest for a decent imitation, as well as hopefully finding some forgery opportunities.

Here are my Whimsical Autumn papers: 

2020 Carta Bella/Hello Autumn "Scattered Leaves" b-side, Jenni Bowlin, 2018 Carta Bella/Our House "Country Floral", 2012 MME/Bramble Rose, 2010 Jenni Bowlin "Geo Flower", 2020 Carta Bella/Hello Autumn "Fall Harvest", 2016 Felicity Jane/Maggie diagonal stripe, 2018 Carta Bella/Fall Break "Pumpkin Trucks" b-side, 2012 Graphic 45/Happy Haunting "Jolly Jack-O-Lantern" b-side, 2012 MME/Bramble Rose, 2020 Carta Bella/Hello Autumn "Scattered Leaves", 2020 Simple Stories/Kate & Ash "4x6 Elements" b-side, unknown, 2020 Carta Bella/Hello Autumn "Leaves", 2012 MME Lost&Found/Halloween "Hallows Music".

Acrylic leaves for crafting, 2020 Simple Stories/Cozy Days "Bits & Pieces, 2017 PinkFresh Studio/Dream On puffy alphas, 2019 Scrap Gals October printables (available with membership), 2012 Cosmo Cricket/2WENTY-THR3E Photo Booth b-side labels, assorted baker's twine, felt leaves, assorted buttons, assorted Felicity Jane sequins, 2018 Pink Paislee/Little Adventurer ephemera, burlap leaves, Sticko/Label Lingo "Autumn" Dymo-style stickers, 2015 American Crafts DIY Shop gold phrase stickers.

I also have a 2019 Pebbles/Jen Hadfield Warm & Cozy acrylic stamp set and a 2015 Echo Park small leaf die, which will make an appearance on the November Forgery on the Fourth CKC blog post - don't miss it!

Here are some close-ups of the kit:






I'm really happy with how nicely all the parts & pieces play together. I feel like I have infused some of the inspiration kit's whimsy into mine.
 
Be sure you stop at kit on the hop - you can find just as much inspiration there as you do from the monthly inspiration kit!

 

 Here's what we have coming up this month: 

November 2nd: “Just the Gist” post to help you jump start your kit making.

  • November 4th: “Forgery on the Fourth” post where the Master Forgers will reveal how they created their own version of some of the items in this month’s kit.
  • November 6th: Mini kits and projects in case you’re a little limited for time this month and would prefer a more petite kit.
  • November 12th and 18th: Two challenges to help you use the kit you’ve made.
  • November 24th: Showcasing one of the CKC Community who’s caught our eye.
  • November 30th: Another Killing Kit Installment to help us finish off our kits!
 

We always love to see your work, so please share your kits and projects with us. You can use our Monthly Link-up page, post them in our Facebook Community, or share them on Instagram (we are @counterfeitkitchallenge or tag us using #counterfeitkitchallenge and #ckcnovember2020).

 

Thanks for stopping by!

 

7 comments:

  1. Fabulous kit Leslie. The papers are colourful and work well and your thankful kit is definitely the centrepiece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful kit Leslie. The navy adds a richness to your kit. I love the frames with the glitter in the inside, have remember to do this to some of mine.cindy F

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a beautiful kit this month! I love all of the embellishments you’ve included!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that is an awesome kit you got going on :) Sounds like a fun project you got planned for the month too and I see Simple Stories Cozy Days in alot of kits this month from around scrappy land :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of course, yours is a fab kit - I knew it would be before I even arrived here ;-) I love the mix of papers you've pulled together and the cutest of cute embellies - you know that I'm a sucker for leaves and this time of the year! Love it all and can't wait to see what you create!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful kit, love the papers especially. It would be nice if you gals would discover something other than Hip Kit Club, to use as inspiration for a change a pace. Quick Quotes, Club Scrap, etc.? I know those don't have all the embellishments HKC does, but they have a unique look that could provide a challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to know you've been here! Feedback most welcome