Wednesday, August 18, 2021

081821 August CKC Challenge #2 - Sketch It Up!

 


Master Forger of Ceremonies Lisa:

 

We all love a good sketch and I found a cracker for us today. This is a BasicGrey (insert longing sigh here) sketch from way back in 2012 (see if at their blog here ). It's a double spread but feel free to use it complete or just one of the pages - it features some chevrons which reminded me of the photo corners in the HS sticker book from the kit and I really think it can be reinterpreted to reflect today's scrappy style if that's the way you want to go!

 

One, two, three... sketch!

  I love a good sketch. My tendency is usually to tweak, flip, flop or generally change it up before I even start my page. After that it's a free for all! I wanted a single page layout so first I squeezed it in PSE & floated it on a digital mixed media background.


I didn't do the mixed media after all but otherwise kept quite a bit to this design.


A little detail was fringing the banners cut from the 2017 Crate Paper Here + There/Traveler paper. I couldn't believe how I found the perfect phrases in my Heidi Swapp pack - even down to the colors being exactly right. When does that ever happen?!?

I know you will find inspiration from this sketch. Feel free to use my version if it helps! And be sure to come back for the last few features this month:

  • 12th & 18th August: Challenges #1 & #2 - to inspire you to get creating from your own kit 
  • 24th August: Follower Showcase - who has caught our eye this month 
  • 31st August: Killing Kits - an idea or two for using up the bits & pieces left in your kit box 

You KNOW that we always love to see your work, so please share your kits and projects with us. You can post them in our Facebook Community, or share them on Instagram (we are @counterfeitkitchallenge or tag us using #counterfeitkitchallenge and #ckcaugust2021). 


Thanks for stopping by!


1 comment:

  1. Such a super layout Leslie. I love the title, the stitching and the fringing.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to know you've been here! Feedback most welcome