Sunday, October 31, 2021

110121 Archi-scraps November Challenge

 

Gingham or small check

Are you ready to play along at Archi-scraps? Julene has found yet another fabulous architecturally inspired challenge for us!

The reference to gingham reminded me of a childhood apron my aunt made me. It had "chicken scratch" embroidery. I could swear I tucked it away but it played hide & seek with me, so I did the next best thing & recreated a piece on some gingham paper! It was quite a process...

My first problem was the 1/8" gingham squares. They required only 2 of the 6 ply floss. I had to choose a very small needle to be able to pierce 3 holes per side of some of the squares without tearing the paper. Then my cheapie floss, purchased exclusively for stitching on paper, didn't have plies! Ironically enough it was my aunt's legacy stash of craft supplies that provided the needed floss. I decided to glue it to the page in tribute.

My craftiness came honestly through this dear woman & her mother/my grandmother, and my parents. That has been documented elsewhere but this photo is the two of us shopping for craft supplies!

Here's my take on the challenge:


Make sure you link up your version on the Archi-scraps Facebook Community.



Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to know you've been here! Feedback most welcome