This month our Counterfeit Kit Challenge Master Forger of Ceremonies is Tracey!
The Kit I have picked for October is the May Hip Kit Club kit - it is full of beautiful bright spring colours. There are tags, labels, stickers and fun ephemera die cuts that are all singing out to be forged and scrapped. What really called my name in this kit is the American Craft Paper "Let's Go" from the Buenos Dias collection, the fun colourful world map has me wanting to reach for some of my many travel photos, it made picking this kit very, very easy. - Master Forger Tracey
|May 2021 Hip Kit Club Main Scrapbook Kit|
I loved the map, too, and had big ambitions to forge it but lacked the skill! I did find a world map paper in my stash & have a plan for it. I analyzed the kit papers & made a list. My stash search yielded surprising results! I've done a side by side below:
|Map unidentified, yellow/graph Vicki Boutin 2020 Color Study "Abstract"|
|Mine is Vicki Boutin 2020 Color Study "Sketch Book"|
|Mine is from Cocoa Vanilla Studio 2021 Sunkissed "Growing Wild"|
|Mine is Vicki Boutin 2020 Color Study "Palette" |
|Mine is Vicki Boutin 2020 Color Study "Pretty Things"|
|Mine is Cocoa Vanilla Studio 2017 Wild at Heart "Grow Wild"|
|Mine is Bella Blvd 2019 Monsters & Friends "Lil' Pumpkins"|
|Mine is Vicki Boutin 2020 Color Study "Color Wheel"|
|Mine is Wild Whisper 2021 Ledger & Script|
|Mine is Vicki Boutin 2020 Color Study "Linear"|
I also have an alpha set in my toolbox this month to add the sentiments for a forgery! I hope it was relatively easy to see how each choice was inspired by the original. Care to see the b-sides?
I am loving the thought of using this exuberant color palette! Here's the full kit:
Can't wait to dive headfirst into this scrumptious pile of scrappy goodness! Won't you join us & curate your own kit with your beloved stash? Looking forward to seeing you over in the Facebook Community!
Now continue hopping over to Misty's blog for her creative reveal!
- Counterfeit Kit Challenge -
- Guest Machelle Willing - https://www.smalltownscrap.com/
- Kate - https://kateblue.blogspot.
- Misty - https://craftysoup.com
- Tina - http://tinasscrapcorner.
- Cindy - http://cindyscreations-
- Tara - http://kryptonite72-rambles.blogspot.com/
- 2nd October: Just the Gist of It - to help you find an easy way into creating your kit
- 4th October: Forgery on the Fourth - Master Forgers share simple ideas for creating kit elements
- 6th October: Mini-kit Reveal and Project Showcase - inspiration for a smaller kit or project
- 12th & 18th October: Challenges #1 & #2 - to inspire you to get creating from your own kit
- 24th October: Follower Showcase - who has caught our eye this month
- 30th October: Killing Kits - an idea or two for using up the bits & pieces left in your kit box
You KNOW that we always love to see your work, so please share your kits and projects with us. You can post them in our Facebook Community, or share them on Instagram (we are @counterfeitkitchallenge or tag us using #counterfeitkitchallenge and #ckcoctober2021).
|Thanks for stopping by!|