Monday, February 28, 2022

030122 Archi-scraps March Challenge

 

Scallops & texture

 What a colourful feast for the eyes! This photo makes me want to turn around & see the main rooms. Our March Archi-scraps challenge proved, well - challenging.

I finally decided to scrap some beautiful photos from my granddaughter's 5th birthday. I'd already included some of them in a traveler's notebook from our 2016 visit but wanted a dedicated page in her scrapbooks.

The scallop part of the challenge prompted me to use a new scallop shell die + a scalloped lacy border punch to represent waves. I used a new Finnabair stencil with Vicki Boutin iridescent glaze (I still need practice at this!) to begin to add texture on a kraft background. I thought it looked like a breezy wind.

 
Blue glitter tape represents the sparkle of the water. I used a number of Tim Holtz vintage washi tapes to cover the "beach" portion of the kraft & give it a more textural feel. 


I used Shimmerz powders to add texture & sparkle to the stamped shells.



The beloved birthday girl, indeed! My daughter took the photos with her "big camera" & did an amazing job. All of the girls in our family are shutterbugs, including this next generation. Makes my heart so happy.

How will you approach this challenging challenge? I can't wait to see. Be sure to add your version to the Archiscraps Community Group on Facebook


Thanks for stopping by!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to know you've been here! Feedback most welcome