Monday, April 4, 2022

040422 CKC April Forgery on the Fourth

 

Forery is our reason for being here at Counterfeit Kit Challenge! It's been quite awhile since I've thrown myself into counterfeiting & I must confess I had a blast.

Papers and Beyond's Follow Your Bliss kit papers

First up is the flashiest - that Vicki Boutin wreath. I began by using the largest Altenew Creative Cutout: Nested Wreath (and by the way, what a great value - there are 9 pieces in this product pack) mounted to OneCanoeTwo's 2018 Saturday Afternoon Mosaic b-side.

Then I saw this beautiful DT creation from Steffi Ried at Paige Taylor Evans - swoon!


I used a variety of flower stamps from Vicki Boutin Fernwood  & Color Study on vellum with white embossing powder to finish off my wreath forgery, popping them up for dimension.



#2 is the Vicki Boutin Field Notes Field Notes paper. I remembered that I had a fountain pen stamp & started to forage for other stamps that might work. My version is ultra-simplified (feels like cheating!) but still carries the vintage vibe through. I adore VB papers but almost hate to cover it all up with my photos! This way I can easily use this version. I used Pink Paislee House of Three 2011 Daily Junque stampset - a total fave.


#3 the feathers. I found a bunch of feather stamps in my stash but couldn't decide how to get the colored effect without too much work, so I went for vintage gold heat embossing! I used the whole pack of 12 Momenta feather stamps as they came, which made quick work of the stamping. I just rotated it in different directions to fill the space. It's tough to capture the shine!


#4 are the happy pink daisy paper. I used a Vicki Boutin Color Study & an Inkadinkado floral stamps to heat emboss with white on a 2014 Amy Tangerine Rise & Shine paper! Another easy-peasy.


#5 is the tone on tone green leaves. My quick solution (after considering endless stamping) was to use a 6x6" Catherine Pooler Flourish & Whimsy stencil with spray inks. I used printer paper to mask off the edges & rotated the stencil one turn to the right each time I moved on to the next section. I sprayed first with Heidi Swapp Color Shine Chartreuse for the darker leaves.


After I did the four quadrants I oversprayed with Citron Color Shine. The final result is much less elegant than I had hoped but a fair forgery!


 Last but not least #6 - the coffee cup stains! I used pieces of The Crafters Workshop 12x12" Well Rounded stencil plus a Recollections brand Splat stampset with Catherine Pooler, Vicki Boutin and Vic ? inks. I kept it somewhat simple again so I won't cover up the work I did.


The only other counterfeit that I made was a few of the wood button embellis.


Now I can get busy scrapping! Hope you are inspired :-)

Here's what we still have in store for you this month:

  • 6th April - Mini Kit and Project Reveal 
  • 12th April - Challenge #1
  • 18th April - Challenge #2
  • 24th April - Follower Showcase
  • 30th April - Killing the Kit 

We always love to see your work, so please share your kits and projects with us. You can post them in our Facebook Community, or share them on Instagram (we are @counterfeitkitchallenge or tag us using #counterfeitkitchallenge and #ckcapril2022).

Thanks for stopping by!


 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to know you've been here! Feedback most welcome