Sunday, January 1, 2023

010123 CKC January Kit Reveal & Blog Hop

 

A new month, a new year, a new CKC kit to counterfeit, and a new Guest Designer - please welcome Anandi! 

 

"I started buying scrapbook products in 2007 because I love paper, stickers, and stationery. I didn't have the courage to start actually scrapbooking until I did Project Life in 2012. I fell into a slump in 2020 and 2021 (like a lot of people!) and what got me back to my table was the Counterfeit Kit Challenge last summer. I shopped my stash and made whatever layout I felt like making in the moment. So grateful for this challenge!"

Master Forger of Ceremonies Lisa has chosen the December 2022 Hip Kit Club main kit.


 I knew right away that I didn't need a seasonal winter kit, so I set out to troll for some paper matches for the 24 patterns represented. Some things I noticed: three dark papers - the woodgrain & the two dark backgrounds; mustard dotted & hot pink patterned, bold floral & diamonds, delicate patterns.

Welcome to my trio of page kits, Triple Play!

#1 Celebrating Us

Hot pink, dark background, bold floral, wood elements.

2018 Pink Paislee Paige Evans/Horizon #04, 2017 Maggie Holmes Flourish Emma, Stampington & Company Artists' Paper from Kim Collister, Recollections painted woodgrain alpha, assorted sequins, 2013 Studio Calico transparency words, unknown floral woodgrain embellishment.

#2 Turkey Day

Mustard dot, diamond, delicate pattern, wood embellishment, diecut selection.

2020 Carta Bella Oh Happy Day/Flower Jars, Stampington & Company Artists' Paper from Lila Levine, 2021 Maggie Holmes Market Square/Memoir, Nov 2016 & Apr 2017 Felicity Jane stamp sets, 2022 unknown wooden turkey napkin ring, 2015 Pink Paislee Cedar Lane puffy stickers, Art-C doilies, assorted sequins, 2020 Simple Stories Cozy Days diecuts & puffy stickers,Reminisce Hello Autumn cut apart "Give Thanks", 2020 Pinkfresh Studio Days of Splendor chipboard flair.

#3 Star Defender

Dark background, woodgrain, b-side of a bold floral

 2009 Basic Grey Basics poll, 2016 Crate Paper Maggie Holmes/Gather My Story, Crate Paper Maggie Holmes/Willow Lane decorative trim, Colorplay Touchdown cutapart sheet, assorted star sequins, Bella Blvd/Make Your Mark Magnifique b-side, 2017 Pink Paislee Paige Evans/Pick-Me-Up /#19, 2016 Thickers gold foil alphas, Jan & Sep 2016 Felicity Jane stamp sets, 2020 Vicki Boutin/Storyteller puffy stars.

This may be the month that I finally kill my kit!!!

Hope your 2023 brings blessing. <3


Here is the hop list so that you don’t miss out on any of the team’s inspiration:

And of course, as always, we have a full month of inspiration to keep you inspired!

  • 2nd January: Just the Gist of It - to help you find an easy way into creating your kit
  • 4th January: Forgery on the Fourth - Master Forgers share simple ideas for creating kit elements 
  • 6th January: Mini-kit Reveal and Project Showcase - inspiration for a smaller kit or project idea 
  • 12th & 18th January: Challenges #1 & #2 - to inspire you to get creating from your own kit 
  • 24th January: Follower Showcase - who has caught our eye this month 
  • 31st January: Killing Kits - an idea or two for using up the bits & pieces left in your kit box 

You KNOW that we always love to see your work, so please share your kits and projects with us. You can post them in our Facebook Communityor share them on Instagram (we are @counterfeitkitchallenge or tag us using #counterfeitkitchallenge and #ckcjanuary2023).

Thanks for stopping by!


 

7 comments:

  1. It looks very interesting and I’m sure you will use it productively. I like the sporty ones at the bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leslie - I love that you did page kits, this month. Celebrating Us is my favorite. I love the floral paper, looking forward to seeing you use your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your trio. For sure a fun way to to interpret the inspiration. You can kill it this month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous page kits! Love that you went rogue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was me. Silly iPad wasn't signed into Google.

      Delete
  5. Lovin' the top kit, but know you will rock all three. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to know you've been here! Feedback most welcome