Monday, May 1, 2023

050123 CKC May Kit Reveal & Blog Hop

May's moodboard

 Master Forger of Ceremonies Julene has chosen the May Counterfeit Kit Challenge kit & our Guest Designer, Sheryle Thomas! 


Hello, I am Sheryle Thomas from Michigan, USA. I have been a member of the Counterfeit Kit Community for a while and have enjoyed putting the kits together and participating in the challenges though I find mood boards very difficult, lol. 

I am a retired nurse. While I worked most of my career in Long Term Care, I spent 5 years caring for my mom full time until she passed in 2021. I have been scrapping since 2004 or so though many years were spent accumulating and now I have the opportunity to enjoy this hobby and my stash. 

I am single and my usual subjects are nieces, nephews, siblings, daily events and, of course, as I am sure you are all well familiar with (and probably tired of) my beloved cats. Currently I have 5 kitties, several of which love to “assist” me scrapping.


Delighted to have you with us this month, Sheryle! Read all about our kit at the main blogpost - the first stop on the hop listed below!

Our inspiration kit:

{Not} Just For Boys Kit Club Noteworthy Limitless kit

My kit:


My papers:



Plus:  BasicGrey Clippings collection:


Plus 49 & Market add-on bits & bobs:


Next it’s time to continue on the hop - don’t miss a stop!

Here's the full hop link list check out these blogs and YouTube for the reveal of everyone's kits!

Here's what is coming up the rest of the month:
 
2nd May-Just the Gist of It - a review & analysis of the kit components
4th May-Forgery on the Fourth- master forgers show you how to create your own kit items
8th May- Mini kit reveal - for those who have not as much time to do a full kit or just want to dabble this month.
12th May- Challenge #1- To inspire you to get creating 
18th May- challenge #2 - To again inspire you 
24th May- See who has caught our eye this month. 
28th May- Killing the kit-ideas for using up the kit.

We always love to see your work and your kits so please share with us on our Facebook community page or on Instagram (we are @counterfeitkitchallenge or tag us using #counterfeitkitchallenge and #ckcmay2023).

We can't wait to see your kits and projects this month!

 

Thanks for stopping by!

 


7 comments:

  1. Fantastic take on the kit Leslie! I'm jealous of that circle paper (aka 1970s wallpaper) LOL. I also think I see a forgery or two.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! There are indeed a few knock-offs 😁

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you! Can’t wait to see yours!

      Delete
  3. Oh that looks fab! Definitely called for Basic Grey! Have fun, happy scrapping.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you - the BG really is quite perfect , but it remains to be seen if I have the nerve to actually USE it, lol! 😁

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great kit, love the Basic Grey!

    ReplyDelete

Would love to know you've been here! Feedback most welcome