Sunday, July 12, 2015

071215 CKC July Challenge #2


Second July challenge at CKC is...

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEitDGd7iBKp1sQNe0aV3MKSNeGRK9GnKBQYLHD4azLckSgfCob23pGg9nB3O9d811Nn_EjqgJdJNL-onCE3hBOASoA3xkGjWJkKjfbeSmgnH9sh2Lu5bkGZA01E-EsgmwXn6q6NgCLn_GsG/s1600/tools_1.jpeg

Old Tool Challenge:
Get out a tool you have not used in a while and do a technique with it on your project!
Well, of course, what I was looking for ...


...was nowhere to be found.
 SO! Plan B...


My project is an album for the photos of our cabin build, still a work in progress.
The embossed woodgrain will make some nice mats & tags for the book.

I got these Melissa Frances chipboard covers at the Novi scrapbook convention.
I cut out pieces of kraft paper to make 10 matching page bases for my book.


Then I trolled my kit for papers & little goodies that might help tell the story.
 

Here's my cover:




We were out there again yesterday so the file of photos grows!
Stay tuned for more pages this month.

(my cute carpenter!)



Thanks for stopping by!
 

5 comments:

  1. Well, look how quick and easy you made that look. I hope your carpenter is having the same kind of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like what you've done.The woodgrain embossing thing has created a fabulous effect and your front cover looks super.Enjoy making this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful cover - the wood veneer lock, key and ribbon are just lovely! Looks like you're making progress on the cabin - definitely a labor of love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such gorgeous textures and tones on your cover. It is perfection! Can't wait to see the pages that are to come.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This mini looks great and so many bits and pieces which really support your story - as I mentioned in Flickr , the key is perfect here! Love it. I just recently donated my BG tool - I think I used it about three times total! But I ought to use my Big Shot more often!

    ReplyDelete

Would love to know you've been here! Feedback most welcome