Monday, February 29, 2016

030116 Archi-scraps March Challenge

Time to play again over at Archi-scraps!

Gesso or texture paste & yellow

Oh, how I wanted to do something over the top & elaborate with this inspiration,
 but the right combination of inspiration & photos never coalesced.

I did, however - at the eleventh hour - take this photo & couldn't resist scrapping it right away.
The yellow cookie frosting convinced me! I have a very masculine take on  this challenge.


I initially tried texture paste but it really soaked under the edges of the stencil.
The gesso left a somewhat crisper image but kraft is definitely NOT a wet medium base!


I chose each man's star paper based on the teal papers I had plus in general on their taste in ties.
Other papers were chosen with men's garments in mind & I also included a stitched border.
That shirt paper was a must-have without ever thinking I would have a use for it, lol.
It is definitely perfect here!


I hope you will join in with us this month.
I always love the different directions the AS prompts take me!

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. I love the way you took the yellow frosting and turned it into this page. I really love the gesso star effect and the choice of papers. Great man page without it looking obvious!

    ReplyDelete

Would love to know you've been here! Feedback most welcome