Thursday, April 14, 2016

041416 WM#208 Inspired by String Art


Wow! 
How does she do it?

Lisa is always on trend with the latest & greatest!
This week's Whimsical Musings prompt #208
got me looking for inspiration.

I liked this:
by Eva Pizzaro
Gor-geous string art!
I had downloaded some printables of gem shapes for my June 2015 Counterfeit 
Kit, "Lightbender", and decided to modify one to use as my string art pattern.

LINK
Now that I look at the full sheet here, I wish I had used the diamond at the top.


I used an awl to make the holes, which makes it much easier to pull the floss through 
than just poking with the needle & also keeps the floss from shredding.
I really wish I had had some thick silver floss to work this with.


I didn't have any border treatment in mind, but as always my page wasn't centered very well.
I managed to pare off an even amount to reveal the scattered triangles Felicity Jane paper.
Using a stamp from this month's FJ kit gave that sense of movement around the edges.


I was determined to sparkle this page up in every way I could.
Glitter alphas for the title were a natural!
I used some wood veneers to cut the sweetness a bit.


Addie's icon is a flamingo, and as this one was wearing a crown it was the perfect embelli.
I even found the perfect swirly blingy flourish to decorate it's wing.
I'm glad I got a chance to put that journaling down as I'm sure it will prove true in future!


So happy that I'm keeping up with the WM 200s.
Stay tuned for the next prompt on Monday morning!


Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. I really like the way the flamingo is standing on your stitched geometric shape - I definitely want to try something like this soon. The ring of bling around the photo really pulls your eye right to it. The stamped border combined with the little triangle paper is just perfect - adds a nice little whimsical feel to the page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that you are keeping up with the WM#200s! - so much better than me! I have the best intentions but somehow, life keeps getting in the way - hence this week's prompt! I adore the neatness of the string element - my stitching is never this tidy. Just an all round fab layout

    ReplyDelete

Would love to know you've been here! Feedback most welcome