Tuesday, March 12, 2019

031219 CKC March Challenge #1


Our inspiration kit has several frames included in the Pink Paislee die-cut pack as well as a patterned paper covered with swirly frames! Include frames in a clever way on your project. 

*(OR a peek inside the chaotic mind of a creative....)

I decided this month to look on my Scrap Inspo pin board & found this to scraplift:

 LINK
 My daughter recently asked me to text her some of her childhood photos to show my granddaughter & I ran across one of both her & myself with our first teeth out. Last summer my granddaughter lost her first tooth while we were all on vacation together. Photos & story - check!


I loved the large cutout title. I tried to make a digital pattern. I hunted up a stamp set I have with this font to make a template. I finally found these large chipboard alphas to make my pattern from, mostly because they fit across the page in a pleasing way. *(This is the point where I SHOULD have covered them with the accent paper.)

Here is what I decided on as the pattern for those pesky letters...


but I was less than wowed with the visual after I cut it out...

*(forgot to photo after cut)

 so I added a stitched outline - underwhelmed again!

*(What on earth does that SAY?!?)
I thought, well, it needs more contrast from the busy but white background.

*(Now that pink is just screaming at me...)
This is the point where you wonder if you've gone waaaaay too far...
and then I considered filling in the stitching.

*(Executive decision - add the subtitle & call it done.)
*(Yes, the wonkiness is MAJOR but I can live with that. I mean, look at those faces <3)
*(WHY didn't I just grab a Sharpie?!?)

*(Mental note - need pop dots...)
Suffice it to say I consider myself an "organic" scrapper.
Translation: flies by the seat of her pants!
And I forgot my favorite part of the story which will be scrapped elsewhere someday. 
Obviously we didn't expect her tooth to come out.
My daughter was completely unprepared for the Tooth Fairy.
I had a scrappy travel kit with me with a pack of glittery words.
Guess what the note from the Tooth Fairy said?

*(There is a method to my madness!)
Please show us what you put together. You can add it to our Link-up page, post it in our Facebook Community or share it on Instagram (tag us using #counterfeitkitchallenge and #ckcmarch2019).  
Thanks for stopping by!


3 comments:

  1. This is hilarious! I like the end result even if it appears to be a difficult birth! :-) Funny funny funny! I think I would have seriously given up long before it reached the end so well done for keeping going and giving it your own creative turn! Sending love

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leslie: genius layout design!!! The large lettering title balances parallel to the row of frames you put together for the 3 generations of tooth fairy photos!!! And even though it was a long series of processing you had to do to create the title, I think it is cleverly framed and perfect for this challenge! Very creative!

    ReplyDelete

Would love to know you've been here! Feedback most welcome